Just announced at IGN’s Summer of Gaming Showcase, 13: Sentinels: Aegis Rim is coming to the PlayStation 4 on September 8!
Pre-order the game at physical retailers now to secure your exclusive artbook, featuring Vanillaware’s signature painterly illustrations. A digital artbook will be available with digital pre-orders from PlayStation Store, coming soon.
The 13 Stories Trailer introduces the protagonists of the intertwining stories:
Due to the impact of COVID-19 on our production schedules, 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim will only include Japanese VO at release on September 8. A free English VO patch will be available after launch. The exact timing will be shared at a later date.
About 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim
Vanillaware,the storytellers behind Odin Sphere and Dragon’s Crown, craft a sci-fi mystery epic spanning thirteen intertwining stories.
Uncover the truth and delve into a 2D sidescrolling adventure featuring gorgeous art and environments. Then, battle the kaiju in fast-paced, top-down combat. Customize the Sentinels with an arsenal of mechsuit weaponry, and fight to defend humanity!
- Beautifully rendered in Vanillaware’s signature hand-painted visual style
- Uncover a deep story through visions of the past and the future
- The doomsday clock is ticking. Become a Sentinel pilot, customize your mech, and fight waves of kaiju in top-down tactical combat
Along with the recognition of Japanese game industry leaders, 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim has won numerous awards. Below is a list of its official accolades:
- Japan Game Awards 2019, Future Division Winner
- Famitsu Dengeki Game Award 2019, Best Scenario Award & Best Adventure Award (2 divisions)
- Japan Otaku Awards 2019, Grand Prize
- IGN Japan Game of the Year 2019, 6th Place
- IGN Japan User’s Choice 2019, 2nd Place
- Weekly Famitsu (PS4 Special Feature, sold March 12th, 2020), Ranked in 10th for “”PS4 Must-Play Titles,” selected from all PS4 titles ever sold
- 51st Seiun Award, Media Category, Nominee
Pre-order 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim from physical retailers to secure a bonus artbook while supplies last!
Launch Edition – $59.99
Artbook while supplies last