505 Games and SONKA will cast spell on spring and open Book of Demons, Thing Trunk’s deck-building, papercraft hack and slash for Nintendo Switch™, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on Thursday, April 30. Nintendo Switch™ players can summon their quest to save the terror-stricken world of Paperverse from the Archdemon early and save 10% by pre-ordering from the Nintendo eShop.
Book of Demons is a deck-building hybrid adventure game that is part tribute to hack and slash favourites and part parody, offering a spin on the classic tale of good and evil and saving the world from ultimate devilry. By wielding magic cards instead of weapons and slaying armies of darkness in procedurally generated dungeons below the Old Cathedral, the game encourages players to strategize and adapt their hand using items, spells and skills and a variation of diverse bonuses and upgrades.
Developed with the Flexiscope engine, Book of Demons gifts players with the power of time. Players can divide the game into sessions of any length with the engine learning player pace to anticipate time estimated to complete the next session.
Additional spellbinding features of Book of Demons include:
- Three playable classes, each with different cards: Warrior, Rogue and Mage
- 40 cards with magical and legendary variants per character class
- Three underground realms and epic Quest Boss battles
- 7 families of monsters with 70+ variations including custom traits and mechanics
- Roguelike mode for fans seeking an extreme challenge
- Four unlockable endgame difficulties in Freeplay mode after completing the campaign
- Complete offering of cards ever released
- Special grand finale surprise after defeating the insidious Archdemon
Book of Demons has won several industry awards including Indie of the Year Top 10 Winner Indie DB 2017, Best Game Art Casual Connect Tel Aviv 2016, a Digital Dragons Best Indie Game award and was a Pixel Award finalist at Pixel Heaven 2016.
Rated “T” for Teen by the ESRB and PEGI 7, Book of Demons opens on Thursday, April 30 for Nintendo Switch™, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One priced at $24.99, release date in Asia to be confirmed soon. H2 Interactive has partnered with 505 Games and will publish Book of Demons in Korea for PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch. Both versions of the game will be priced at KRW 29,000.