Highly acclaimed souls-like RPG Tails of Iron received today a massive DLC content update, “Bloody Whiskers.” Players can now continue their royal rat escapades in an all-new grand tournament storyline, which is free to download for those who already own the game on PS5, PS4 Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC.
The “Bloody Whiskers” DLC amps up the adventure with deadlier boss battles, epic outfits, and weapon skins, and even more brutally challenging combat. For players looking for safer passage through the compelling tournament tale, the less-brutal “Fairy Tale” mode is also now available.
The free expansion introduces a new post-game questline, two additional difficulty modes, five new bosses, a selection of special armors and weapons, and a secret that was perhaps better left forgotten… as showcased in the latest action-packed trailer below:
With the tyrannical Greenwart now defeated, King Redgi’s vast lands chime with celebration. But the recently crowned savior isn’t free to rest easy on his throne just yet. As decreed by an ancient Rat tradition, the new King must prove his worth… in a deadly trial of combat.
Join Redgi as he battles to defeat the most lethal warriors from across the land to claim the key to the old King’s room and discover the heinous secret that lurks within. This means that players will finally gain access to the infamous ‘locked door’; something that has generated much speculation and intrigue within the player community.
The new, aptly named “Bloody Whiskers” difficulty mode pumps a double shot of bug juice in Tails of Iron, making it a far more difficult experience, designed for those with only the most iron of wills. As for those looking for a safer passage through the story, the far-less-brutal “Fairy Tail” mode is also now available, allowing players to immerse themselves in the rich narrative and lovingly crafted hand-drawn world.
- Free to download on all platforms for players who already own Tails of Iron
- Extended main story questline
- Five new gruesome and dramatic boss fights
- Five new outfits (includes the previously available Halloween outfit skins)
- Five new weapon skins (includes the previously available Halloween weapon skins)
- Two new beautiful rooms to explore, including the mysterious and previously locked King’s Chambers
- Two new difficulty modes:
- “Bloody Whiskers” – Hard Mode (not for the faint of whisker)
- “Fairy Tail” – Easy mode (for players wanting to experience the story without peril)