SQUARE ENIX® today released the sixth and final episode in ‘The Creation of FINAL FANTASY® XIV: Shadowbringers’ developer diary series. All episodes are now available to view on YouTube.
The six-episode series takes viewers behind the scenes of the critically-acclaimed MMO’s latest expansion, and features members of the development team offering an in-depth look at the inspirations and secrets that drove its development.
‘Episode One: Telling a Tale’ explores lore and narrative, and features interviews with:
- Naoki Yoshida (Producer and Director)
- Banri Oda (World Lore Creator and Main Scenario Writer)
- Natsuko Ishikawa (Main Scenario Writer)
‘Episode Two: Forging the First’ explores the creation of Norvrandt, and features interviews with:
- Takeo Suzuki (Art Team Lead)
- Masato Shida (Background Artist)
- Arata Takahashi (Lead Level Designer)
‘Episode Three: Shaping the Styles’ explores new races, gear sets and character redesigns, and features interviews with:
- Ayumi Namae (Character Concept Artist)
- Yuji Yamazaki (Character Artist)
‘Episode Four: Making the Monsters’ explores enemy designs, and features interviews with:
- Shinya Ichida (Art Team Lead)
- Yusuke Mogi (Lead Character Concept Artist)
‘Episode Five: Spawning the Sounds’ explores music and audio design, and features interviews with:
- Masayoshi Soken (Sound Director and Composer)
- Go Kinuya (Sound Designer)
‘Episode Six: Building the Battles’ explores combat and the Trust System, and features interviews with:
- Masaki Nakagawa (Lead Battle Content Designer)
- Tsuyoshi Yokozawa (Lead Battle System Designer)
‘The Creation of FINAL FANTASY XIV: Shadowbringers’ series can be viewed in its entirety on the FINAL FANTASY XIV Online YouTube channel.