UDX Interactive’s debut artificial intelligence RPG Wheel of Fate completed its Kickstarter goal of $25,000 CAD in less than 24 hours, the game studio announced today.
“We believe that because we introduced a gaming concept so unique and robust that our backers were fully on board with us from the start,” said Daniel Vivona, CEO and co-founder of UDX Interactive. “With this funding, we intend to expand on what already exists and bring and endless amount of possibilities to Wheel of Fate. We won’t let our fans down.”
Wheel of Fate’s Kickstarter campaign will run until October 17, 2019 for additional funding, with the title slated to launch Early Access in Q1 2020. A list of rewards for backers can be found on the page’s “Rewards” section, which range from a copy of the game at launch to merchandised products to a studio visit with the team.
Designed by Mass Effect 2 veteran Miles Holmes, experience the journey of a lone adventurer who reawakens the mythical Wheel of Fate in the world of Providence, which in turn, brings the army of Fateless back from with it. In Wheel of Fate, players are tasked with defending Kismet’s Falls as the region’s protector from Fateless sieges by implementing the game’s unique Active Response Battle system (ARBs). Using billions of gear combinations, players are given the freedom to customize the region’s buildings, craft weapons and armor to protect themselves, and explore procedurally-generated dungeons.
A full list of features includes:
- Artificial Intelligence Wheel adapting the world to player choices
- Strategic turn-based combat with initiative turn system
- Active Response Battle system allows for engaging turn-based combat that keeps players on their toes
- Procedural Dungeons that adapt to the wheel spins
- Build and customize homes in the lore-rich region of Kismet’s Fall
- Manage and defend Kismet’s Fall as the protector, upgrade buildings and prepare for sieges
- Rich story that ties actions to the outcomes of fate
- Craft items, weapons, and armor to head into battle
- Billions of gear combinations to build a character in any way