Morteshka is pleased to announce that with the help of over 3,700 backers they’ve surpassed the $100,000 stretch goal for Black Book and are quickly approaching the $130,000 milestone and the addition of a full Russian voiceover to the game. With less than $9,000 to go the team has pulled back the curtain on the full cast that will bring this rich and ominous world to life.
- Aleksandra Kuragina — Vasilisa, Initiation Demon
- Sergey Chikhachev — Old Egor
- Aleksey Nikitin — Narrator
- Evgeniy But-Gusaim — Thirteenth Brother
- Ruta Novikova — Aksinya
- Vladimir Veretyonov — Miller
- Tatyana Argunova — Beggar woman
- Konstantin Fedoseev — Voice from Intro clip
Players can get a sneak peek of these performances in the Prologue, available now on Steam. The team has also prepared a short video preview:
Morteshka has also been listening carefully to player feedback and have already begun rolling out updates to the game. In this first pass, character models have received an upgrade, bugs have been squashed, and players have been given the option to disable V-sync. Morteshka continues to welcome feedback to make sure the game is as good as it can possibly be.
Remaining stretch goals include:
- $130,000: Additional Music and Russian Voiceover: Additional music tracks arranged for the game by the game’s composer and professional Russian voiceover (English subtitles available)
- $150,000: New Card Mini-Game: A brand new mini-game will be added to Black Book, based on Durak, a well-known Slavic card game.
- $175,000: Create Your Own Story and Share It On Steam: Use in-game assets to create your own story using Morteshka’s custom editor (available after release). Share your stories on Steam Workshop!
- $200,000: Downloadable Content – Free to Backers: Dive deeper into the world of Black Book with an additional story campaign following release. Join Egor for a new narrative in alluring winter Cherdyn.
The campaign will run until June 6th, 12:01 PM EDT.