The Patch Notes for the update on May 11 (Tuesday) are here!
We are all familiar with alluring and mysterious artifacts, like the Holy Grail with its miraculous properties, the One Ring which brings about both power and destruction, or the Magic Lamp and its three wishes.
In the Black Desert world, legendary treasures are both a romantic tribute to stories that have a special place in our hearts and an incentive to adventure! In contrast to action-based calls to adventure in the other content, “Orzeca’s Treasure” will let you be more in tune with your sentimental side.
The first treasure of this update is Ornette’s Blessed Potion. This potion, blessed by the spirits, will recover 1000 HP for the adventurer. What’s more, the potion will refill instantly upon use.
If you are one of the many Adventurers who are enticed by the endless healing power of this treasure, build “Orzeca’s Garden” in your camp and look for the clues there. But beware that when looking for a valuable treasure like this, you are beginning a difficult journey.
The world is vast and there are many lost and forgotten Treasures to be found. New treasures will be added in the future and the acquisition difficulty of each will depend on the treasure’s effects.
We know this might be unfamiliar territory, as it is quite different from our previous content, but we hope that it can be a refreshing new adventure for everyone!
Orzeca’s Treasure System
- You can start working on finding the Treasure after building Orzeca’s Garden in your Camp. Building Orzeca’s Garden requires a Tier 8 Town Hall.
- Follow the clues in Orzeca’s Garden to find all the material needed to obtain Orzeca’s Treasure.
Ornette’s Blessed Potion
- You can pass along Ornette’s Blessed Potion to other characters in your family using the Camp Storage.
Great Desert Renewal
With new content added after the Great Desert update, putting in the time to explore and adventure in the desert seems to have become more difficult, to a point where taking advantage of the daily free Purified Water (40 minutes) would feel burdensome to some Adventurers.
The Great Desert renewal shortens the maximum desert adventure time with better available rewards. We hope that this will be of help to Adventurers enjoying the diverse content that Black Desert has to offer!
- Modified the Great Desert difficulty; the existing level has been renamed ‘Desert: Imur’.
- Adventurers who have completed the family quest ‘the Opening of the Desert’ will have access to the ‘Desert: Imur’ difficulty level.
- Adventurers who ended their previous session in the Great Desert have been moved to a nearby town.
- Though Desert: Imur Temples and Great Temples have the same suggested CP as the Great Desert before renewal, available EXP and Silver have been increased.
- Modified the maximum adventure time in the Great Desert to 5 hours.
- Reduced the Great Desert time granted by Purified Water by half.
- The Great Desert adventure time for the first entry has been changed to 1 hour.
- Any remaining Purified water from before the maintenance will grant half its previous Great Desert time. (40 minutes → 20 minutes)
- Improved the Great Desert rewards in line with the changes to the maximum Great Desert adventure time.
- Increased how much [Edana’s Coin] and EXP are obtained when defeating enemies in Great Desert, and doubled the chance of obtaining items such as Skillbooks, Broken Trumpet, Ancient Seed, etc.
- Doubled the stamina required for excavation and increased obtainable [Edana’s Coin] and EXP.
- Increased how much [Edana’s Coin] are obtained, as well as the probability of gaining higher grade Runes, when appraising Great Desert Appraisal Items.
- Increased how much [Edana’s Coin] are obtained, as well as the possibility of obtaining higher grade Runes, from Desert Spoils.
- Doubled the stamina required for offering to the Black Rock Altar and removed the possibility of obtaining Temple Entry Pass. Improved the obtainable rewards accordingly.
- Improved the sales price of some Great Desert items.
Titium Sculpture, Fogan Choral Sheet Music, Black Naga Spearhead, Multi-Hued Scale, Desert Moonlight Jewel, Crystal Key, Golden Hystria Mask, Frigid Ancient Fragment, Aakman Spectral Mirror, Non-Stop Spinning Compass, Scarlet Eye, Broken Sun and Aal, Solid Gold Censer, Blue Cactus Flower
- Decreased the chance of acquiring items that give quests related to defeating enemies in the Great Desert and halved the required kills for such quests.
- Decreased Laytenn’s HP and increased the reward earned upon its defeat.
- Removed Adventurers’ Temple Entry Pass and available Temple Additional Entries.
- Doubled the Edana’s Coin offering price and offering rewards for the Black Rock
AltarShrine appearing upon defeating Laytenn and Tukar Laytenn.
- This change will be applied after maintenance expected on May 18. (Updated on May 11)
- This will be updated in English first and will be provided in other languages as soon as possible.
- The items required for the Collection section ‘Endless Desert’ can be acquired in ‘Desert: Imur’.
- If you have a character in the Great Desert, you cannot enter the Great Desert with another Family Character.
- This does not apply if you left the character in an Oasis.
- After moving from Great Desert to Lobby, Arena, Boss Rush, etc. or exiting the game, your character will be moved to the stage before the Great Desert.
- Improved the rates for obtaining [Edana’s Coin], Silver, Skillbooks, and higher-grade Runes in Field of Valor: Desert.
Great Desert Temples Updated:
- Changes have been made to the Great Desert Temples:
Temple of Serrett: The pollution level will continue to rise after the boss, Elten, appears.
Temple of Tukar: Added 7 minutes to the total time until it finishes.
Temple of Luinass: Added 5 minutes to the total time until it finishes.
Temple of Desterio: Removed the reward for partial destruction of the Sea Turtle Statue. To complete the quest and receive the reward you will have to destroy all parts.
Temple of Shayla: Changed the internal structure and location, and the way the quest is carried out. Added 5 minutes to the total time until it finishes.
Temple of Ohm: Modified the CP requirement and enabled the auto-gather function.
- The auto-gather function in Temple of Ohm can be found by dragging the skill UI button up and pressing the auto-gather button (Updated on May 11)
- This will be updated in English first and will be provided in other languages as soon as possible.
Changes to Great Desert Quest Rewards
- Changed the Temple Entry Pass reward for stories such as ‘Forbidden Spell’, ‘Infiltration, Gahaz Bandits’, ‘I can no longer remain silent and just watch!’ to [Edana’s Coin].
- Changed the Rune rewards acquired from Temples and Great Temples to Mysterious Temple Rune.
- Use the Mysterious Temple Runes to discover the Rune type and grade.
We thank you for the abundance of positive feedback on the new Constellation mode.
With this update, we have added 3 new Constellations: the Giant, which symbolizes dreams and hard work; the Black Dragon, which symbolizes sensitivity, sociability, and a gentle power over others; and the Goblin, which symbolizes eloquence, worldly greed, and wit.
Restore light to the new Constellations and collect rewards!
- Added the Giant, Black Dragon, and Goblin Constellations.
Added knowledge categories for the new Constellations:
- Black Dragon
Added titles for exploring the new Constellations:
- Giant Symbol
- Black Dragon Symbol
- Goblin Symbol
We bring to you the long-awaited multi-play system, which allows you to enjoy different types of game content while in auto-hunt mode!
What is the multi-play system?
The multi-play system allows adventurers to partake in activities such as Arena, Ramoness, and Merchantry while continuing auto-hunt or auto-gathering in the background and obtaining items and EXP.
We hope that the addition of this system will allow you to enjoy other game modes and not limit yourself to field hunting for the sake of character growth.
- Added a new system to allow Adventurers to continue field hunting and auto-log/mine/forage while participating in Arena and Ramoness.
- Auto-log/mine/forage in this mode is only available when you have enough Stamina.
- ※ Auto-gathering will cease when you run out of Stamina.
- Access to Camp and Merchantry is now possible during Auto-hunt and gathering.
- If multi-play is not maintained for 3 minutes after entering the Camp, no Stamina will be consumed and no EXP or items will be gained.
- The system should be active for at least 3 minutes for it to count towards any quest’s completion requirement.
- However, if your CP is lower than the target NPC or you somehow do not meet the requirements after 3 minutes, it will not apply.
- The Multi-Play system is not available during Boss Rush, Ancient Ruins, or Field of Valor: Desert. You can access Arena, Ramoness, Camp, and Merchantry while Auto-hunting in Hadum as well.
Content Open Requirements
With the wealth of different content available to the players, we are continuously working on improving how we introduce the different aspects of the game to new Adventurers. Our content unlocking system has various requirements such as character level, CP, and main quests, so that adventurers can better learn the game without feeling overwhelmed.
Our future content will also be unlockable sequentially based on the main quest progress, which is the core of the game. The convenience features will continue to be based on the Black Spirit’s level.
If you press located at the bottom left of the main menu, you can check the details for different game modes in one page. We will continue to work on improving your gaming experience!
- The unlocking requirements of different content have been adjusted to be based on main quest-line progress rather than Character Lv, Cp, etc.
- Ranked Arena: Defeat [Boss: Black Mane] in North Calpheon
- Normal Arena: Defeat [Boss: Kelcas] in Neutral Border Zone
- Friendly Arena: Defeat [Boss: Kelcas] in Neutral Border Zone
- Ramoness: Defeat [Boss: Hexe Marie] in Southwest Calpheon
- ※ We’d like to ask the Adventurers who have been participating in PVP content but have not yet progressed in the regions above to complete the quests.
The following functions that were previously based on the Camp’s Town Hall level have been modified to be unlocked based on main quest progress.
- Ancient Relic Altar: Defeat [Boss: Hexe Marie] in Southwest Calpheon
- Collection: Defeat [Boss: Orgoh] in Neutral Border Zone
- Patrigio: Defeat [Boss: Orgoh] in Neutral Border Zone
- Enchantment: Defeat [Boss: Gehaku] in Southeast Calpheon
- World Boss: Defeat [Boss: Kelcas] in Neutral Border Zone, (Red Nose Altar, which required character Lv. 35, and Giath’s Den’s will now require defeating [Boss: Kelcas] in Neutral Border Zone. The unlocking requirement for other World Boss remains with the addition of the new requirement.)
- We will adjust various existing events and systems to help new and returning users get used to the game and learn the different content.
- Events targeted at new or returning users.
- The Path to Power Hadum/Great Desert quests, created to help adventurers adjust to different modes, will stay as it has been.