Captain Toonhead vs the Punks from Outer Space, an FPS Tower Defense adventure in VR, is coming to Steam, the Oculus Store, and PSVR in the first half of 2021. This is the world premiere of Teravision Games’ first self-published title.
After the entire defense squad sent by the World Treaty for Freedom (WTF) got fried by a burrito-related explosion, the fate of humanity is at stake. Elliot Salazar, the cartoon-obsessed spaceship technician and only survivor, is now Earth’s only hope. Join Elliot and suit up as the heroic Captain Toonhead to save the world from Earth’s last dictator, Nikolas Voorhees, and his devious army of cyberpunk minions.
Battle through diverse stages against relentless waves of punks and technologically-enhanced creatures like copter cats, T-Rexes, and merciless cyberchickens. Experiment with Captain Toonhead’s armory of upgradable blasters, an overpowered chancla that never misses its mark, and placeable towers that can be manually controlled for maximum destruction.
Combine combat skills and strategy to defend your base and stop punks from stealing Enercubes. Rescued Enercubes can be taken back to Elliot’s ship and be spent on permanent upgrades for weapons, turrets, and bases. Clash, protect, and piñata blitz through outer space to stop Voorhees and save humanity!
Captain Toonhead Key Features:
- Experience a blend of FPS and Tower Defense in Virtual Reality: Fight at the front lines while strategically placing upgradable towers and blasting away foes.
- Harness an Outlandish Arsenal: Wield a weaponized chancla, dual blasters, and controllable towers with unique firepower like electrified pizza or a lethal piñata blitz.
- Rescue, Upgrade, and Overcome: Complete missions to rescue Enercubes that can be assigned to permanent offensive and defense upgrades for future battles.
- Take Down an Army of Punks: Faceoff against a ridiculous lineup of enemies including terra-sharks, cyberchickens, and T-Rexes, which can all spawn with a variety of perks like jetpacks, explosive care packages, and healing bots.
- Become the Greatest Hero: Replay past missions with purchased upgrades to unlock achievements and master each stage.
“Captain Toonhead started with a fantasy,” said Enrique Fuentes, CEO of Teravision Games. “How awesome would it feel to experience a tower defense if you were fighting waves of enemies from the front lines, in first-person — while fully immersed in VR?”
“It was very important to us to make something genuine to who we are as developers,” added Fuentes, “so we didn’t shy away from including some Latin American elements like our super-powerful chancla and a piñata-launching tower. Even our hero was designed to be a true reflection of us and our love for geek culture. All of us here at Teravision Games are ‘toonheads’, and hopefully we created something that many other toonheads out there will enjoy.”
Captain Toonhead vs the Punks from Outer Space is available to wishlist now on Steam and the Oculus Store. This quirky adventure is being designed for a multitude of VR devices, including Oculus Rift, Rift S, HTC Vive, and PSVR.