The sequel to one of the best-selling VR games (Cave Digger), Cave Digger 2: Dig Harder (Early Access) will be released on Oculus and SideQuest on March 17th with the largest content update yet in its Steam Early Access history. The update named “Escape from the Valley” will bring a number of upgrades and changes.
- New biome: the player will find their way to the third biome, a dry lake bed on which the player’s base camp is located. Underneath lies the nest biome, introducing new game mechanics, dangers and loot.
- Escape from the Valley ending: the first ending of many to come. Likewise in the first game of Cave Digger series, the player follows clues in the world to find out this story ending.
- New enemies: two new enemy variants will be added. These baddies are the inhabitants of the nest biome and they are stronger than anything in the game so far.
- Tool upgrades: all of the tools are getting upgrades, from rather explosive damage-dealing changes to more efficient loot collecting mechanics and to paradigm shifts for general mobility.
- Two new graphic novel issues: the great adventurer Clayton’s story continues in two new thrilling issues, where our in-game narrator/guide will face even tougher challenges than before. The pages of these novels are scattered throughout the world.
- And a whole mixture of smaller tweaks and QoL improvements.