The Kids We Were is a narrative game set in Japan, where you travel back to the 1980s to change the past in the hopes of easing the pain of your family in the present. It’s a touching story that will appeal to fans of MOTHER2 or Back to the Future.
Set to release on Nintendo Switch December 2nd, 2021 Steam PC January 13th, 2022
- Playtime: Around 5-6 hours.
- Features a 1980s Japanese cityscape rendered in voxel art and a story that will make you laugh and cry.
- The Nintendo Switch / Steam version adds collectibles and a bonus scenario after clearing the game.
- Supported languages: English, Japanese, Korean, Traditional Chinese, and Simplified Chinese
- Selected as one of the top 3 titles at the Google Play Indie Games Festival 2020, it has also won the Special Award and has been chosen for the Best Indies category of Google Play’s Best Games of 2020.