The two companies look to the future of Cities: Skylines ahead of the highly-anticipated sequel, with a roadmap outlining the final stops on the ‘Cities: Skylines World Tour’
Paradox Interactive and Colossal Order today announced the roadmap for the last content packs and Radio Stations coming to Cities: Skylines as the team prepares for its highly-anticipated sequel. The final countdown starts with three Content Creator Packs and Radio Stations released on March 22nd, followed by a second set of content packs and a mini-expansion from Colossal Order in May. While the final expansion, Content Creator Packs, and Radio Stations are on their way, Colossal Order intends to continue general support for Cities: Skylines through the rest of the year.
Coming this March, players can look forward to the following Content Creator Packs:
- Africa in Miniature: A new world of possibilities set in the African Continent. The first Content Creator Pack from long-time Cities fan, 3D Artist Setonji “Prince Set” Hotonu allows you to explore Africa’s exceptionally diverse architecture, vibrant colors, and unique urban mix.
Africa In Miniature includes a total of 28 new buildings inspired by the existing urban masterpieces and unique architectural concepts.
- Sports Venues: Sports season never ends in this Content Creator Pack by community modder BadPeanut. From unique stadiums to community sports parks, this Content Creator Pack has everything you need to satisfy your City’s needs for sports! Watch your citizens enjoy their favorite match! All large stadiums have realistic football, baseball, and American football animation – plus some new cool stats for you to look at. Some of them also have built-in public transport options. Do you prefer smaller crowds? Try Community sports parks: they’re smaller and can be placed everywhere.
- Shopping Malls: It’s time for some retail extravaganza! With the Content Creator Pack “Shopping Malls” by community modder KingLeno you can bring your shopping experience to the next level, adding a variety of shopping malls to your City. This content creator pack offers more than 60 assets, including department stores, shopping plazas, and fast food restaurants to populate your Shopping areas.
While you’re building your ideal metropolis, jam out to the following Radio Stations:
- JADIA Radio Station: The African continent is vast, and its music is diverse. JADIA Radio Station (Just Another Day in Africa) is a collection of 16 tracks from musician Wan Shey who pays homage to his country’s musical traditions, adding new vibes to Cities: Skylines.
- 80’s Movies Tunes: This time we’re taking you to the movies! “80’s Movies Tunes” is a Radio Station inspired by the 80’s classics. Let’s dive into the past with more than 15 tracks and around 70 minutes of music.
- Pop-Punk Radio: We created this Radio Station for all the Pop-Punk city builders out there. If you enjoy pop-punk music, then this Radio Station is for you! With 16 tracks and more than 75 minutes of powerful, high-beat tunes.
Releasing on March 22ns, 2023 is also “Hubs and Transport”, a free content update that improves the transport system for Cities: Skylines base game as well as the After Dark, Snowfall, Natural Disasters, and Mass Transit expansions.
Platforms: PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, macOS, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows, Xbox Series S|X, Linux, Xbox Cloud Gaming, Mac Operating Systems