Paradox Interactive today released the Industries expansion for Cities: Skylines on Xbox One and Playstation 4. Players can pick up the most in-depth DLC in Cities history in their respective console stores, build unique factories, and customize their industrial areas with supply chains for four different resource types. Additionally, Synthetic Dawn Radio was also released today, along with a free gameplay update.
In one of the most in-depth expansions in Cities: Skylines history, Industry becomes a larger and more meaningful part of the game with this DLC. Players can build unique factories and customize their industrial areas with supply chains for the four different resource types. Aside from production chains, there is a new city service for handling mail and the cargo airport eases import and export of factory goods. There are FIVE new maps, new policies, new city services, new buildings (including resource extractors, manufacturers, warehouses and unique factories) and more.
- Make It Happen – Follow your products from harvesting to processing, storage and production, then transport them to commercial zones or export to other cities.
- Captain Your Own Industry – Define an area with the industry area tool and place highly specialized industrial buildings to build and manage the production chain from raw material extraction up to final end product. Industry Areas are divided into four types based on the natural resource they are processing: Farming, Forest, Ore and Oil. These areas can level up upon reaching productions goals and staffing requirements.
- Build it up, Buttercup – New industrial buildings include Extractors, Warehouse Facilities, Processing and Auxiliary Buildings, Industrial Props and Roads. Unique Factories, such as Food, Toy, Furniture, Car and Electronics produce luxury products, and require a large quantity of workers, water and electricity as well as input from your industries.
- Ship It – Manage traffic and logistics with industry warehouses and the use of the new Cargo Services including a cargo airport.
- Go Postal – Boost your citizens’ well-being with mail delivery and collection services. Post sorting facilities handle mail between outside connections and the post offices, and new Post Van and Truck vehicles enable the carriage.
- Work Hard – Three new Industry Policies and four City-wide Policies, including Workers’ Union, Sorting, Tolls, Wi-Fi, Logistics, Work Safety and Automation.
- Five New Maps – Rich in natural resources, transportation options and industrial opportunities, these new maps have all the right stuff.
- Four new hats for Chirper!
But wait! There’s more! Coinciding with the Industries expansion, Cities: Skylines is getting a new radio channel and a free content update.
Synthetic Dawn Radio is the most far-out radio station to land in-game ever! It features 16 original new songs across four genres: 80s Electro, Vocoding Electro, Breakbeats and Futuristic Synths. Players can tune in and zone out to some stellar tunes as synth-spin master DJ Jessica Statler brings the funk.
The free update coming alongside Industries will introduce toll booths (and road tolls, naturally), which will slow traffic’s roll a bit, but generate extra income for the city. Players will also get the option to mark zoned buildings as historical, preserving their style, and the ability to create custom name lists for citizens, districts and spawned buildings.
Additionally, Pearls from the East is coming to console as part of the free update. Bring a splash of style to your city, inspired by Chinese architecture and design! Give residents some new attractions (and pandas!) to visit with three original buildings, each ready to become a unique part of the skyline: Shanghai Pearl Tower, Panda Zoo and a Chinese Temple.