Thunderful Games and Maschinen-Mensch would like to invite brave explorers to discover the brand-new world of Curious Expedition 2 in the game’s Closed Alpha test. The Closed Alpha kicks off today, November 27th, on the Maschinen-Mensch Discord. The final version of Curious Expedition 2 is scheduled to release on Steam and console in 2020.
There are multiple ways for players to join the Curious Expedition 2 Alpha. Of course, our favourite is found within a brand-new RIVALS update to the original Curious Expedition that Maschinen-Mensch just released on Steam. In this new multiplayer mode, players who discover the Golden Pyramid will instantly receive access to the Alpha. But for those who want to save their energy for the Closed Alpha or perhaps don’t have the original title, they can simply sign up via the Curious Expedition website.
Curious Expedition 2 continues the thrill of world exploration and discovery and the Closed Alpha is the perfect way to get your first expeditions into the new world of the game.
Curious Expedition’s new RIVALS Mode is the farewell update from Maschinen-Mensch as focus for the devs will now fully shift over to Curious Expedition 2. But this journey concludes with the title’s biggest update yet. RIVALS Mode introduces multiplayer to the game for the first time enabling players to compete and collaborate with each other while seeking ultimate fame. In a constant global struggle, players are exploring a shared world to find a single, hidden pyramid. Roguelike elements are mixed with massively multiplayer to create a brand new and punishingly hard gameplay experience.
- Explore worlds that are up to 10,000 times larger than in the original game.
- Discover new regions and have your name and portrait remembered for all other players to see.
- Hidden away in a massive world is a single golden pyramid. Will you be the explorer to discover it first?
- Acquire prestigious badges with every golden pyramid you discover.
- Equip your trek with over 140 Expedition Crates to customize your playstyle and experiment with different strategies.
- The adventurer who first finds the hidden pyramid will go down in the ongoing history of RIVALS and start the countdown to a completely new, procedural world.