Warlocks, Hunters, and Titans — are you ready? Destiny 2‘s Season of Dawn is here! Bungie is introducing a new match-made activity for those who buy into the season pass and some game-wide updates to the rest of Destiny 2 even if you don’t.
It also features much of what the previous season offered — including a battle pass with 100 tiers of rewards, a new artefact with its own set of mods, a power level boost, and a series of exotic questlines.
This also marks Destiny 2 Season of Dawn as the second season of content in the game’s third year, following the debut of Season of the Undying that launched alongside Shadowkeep and New Light back in October of this year.
This season’s storyline sees Osiris calling you to Mercury. With the Vex defeated last season, the timeline has changed with the Red Legion returning to undo their victory.
What you get with the Season of Dawn pass? Well, let’s look:
- Access to “The Sundial” — a six player match-made activity that sees you fight in different combinations of Mercury’s past, present, and future (December 10th) with new bosses added in subsequent weeks.
- New “Timelost” weapon rewards from completing Season of Dawn activities (December 10th).
- Access to premium Battle Pass tiers, which includes instant access to the new “Symmetry” Exotic Scout Rifle (December 10th).
- Introducing Obelisks on Nessus and the EDZ (December 17th).
- Legend difficulty in The Sundial (January 7th)
- Devil’s Ruin Exotic Quest (January 7th).
- Bastion Exotic Quest (January 28th).
And here are the additions and changes coming to all players throughout the season:
- Obelisks added to four destinations (December 10th).
- Level cap increase — by 10 to 960 Powerful / 970 Pinnacle (December 10th).
- Update to Solar sub-classes (December 10th).
- A new season artefact, The Lantern of Osiris (December 10th).
- Elimination Crucible mode (December 10th).
- Return of Destiny 1 map “Rusted Lands” in Crucible (December 10th).
- Access to free Battle Pass tiers including access to the Symmetry Exotic Scout Rifle at Tier 35 and the “Righteous” set of Seasonal Ornaments (December 10th).
- The Dawning seasonal event (December 17th to January 14th).
- Empyrean Foundation (Unknown, February 4th).
- Crimson Days seasonal event (February 11th to February 18th).
- Scourge of the Past raid Exotic Anarchy’s drop rate is increasing 5% to 10%.
- Fated Engrams are no more, and now when you open an Exotic Engram, it awards a new (class-specific) Exotic if any remain to be collected, otherwise it’s just a random piece of Exotic armor.
- Escalation Protocol’s final seventh wave no longer requires a Charged Decryption Key (which are now being removed from the game) and can be opened as soon as the wave is over. Each completed wave gives you a piece of armor until you have the entire set.
- Weapon mod equipping costs have been reduced from 5,000 Glimmer to 500.
- Gunsmith now has repeatable bounties, and the weekly “Field Calibration” objective now grabs progress from all sources — not having to play Strikes, Crucible, or Gambit.
- Crucible bounties are also seeing changes. There’s a mode-specific bounty and completion requirements are lowered for others, while grenade and melee bounties are being removed entirely.
- There is a Crucible map refresh for this season. The Dead Cliffs, Legion’s Gulch, Retribution, and Solitude are in while Emperor’s Respite, Equinox, Firebase Echo, and Vostok are out.
Without a doubt, this will be a season everyone will love. That’s all for now, but stay with us here at GamingLyfe for more!