Black Fox Studios today revealed its latest update for its post-apocalyptic turn based game Dreadlands. The update brings in a whole host of enhancements including a more balanced approach to ranged and melee combat and the introduction of two new tactic cards.
Other fixes to gameplay and visuals include new icons, weapon models, map fixes and for those of a delicate disposition you can now turn the gore off (but who in their right mind would want to do that?)
Ranged vs Melee balancing
Main purpose of this content patch is to make melee and ranged combat a little bit more balanced. We are also aiming to make Goons, Scouts, Dogs and Boars to be more relevant and fun. As always we would really like your feedback on these changes.
- Rookies are now called Skirmishers and will have a more defined role as a fast but weak attack unit. .
- Scouts/Goons melee skill increased from 2 to 3. Scouts/Goons also gets the Gunslinger skill (see below)
- All except Skirmishers will have their movement reduced to 4.
- Charging will no longer give an extra attack, only +1 to melee skill.
New tactic cards
- We’ve added two new Tactic cards in this content patch. To unlock them, just enter your hideout between today and until the next Content Patch (in roughly 2 weeks time). After that you will have to unlock them normally by increasing your in-game fame.
- Scrap Vulture (Scrappers)
- Any time the target deals melee damage they will restore their armor by 1.
- lasts 3 turns
- Spore skin (Tribe-kin)
- Every time the unit is hit they exude a cloud of spores that makes them -15% harder to hit for that turn (stacks up to 2x times). Spore skin lasts 2 turns.
Additional Patch Notes Gameplay
- Revived fighters only get 1 ap after being revived.
- Animals can now use bandages.
- The amount of medical supplies needed to heal a fighter is now based on their level. Lower level fighters won’t require as many medical supplies.
- Grenades no longer count as shots.
- Added Gunslinger skill. Decreases the penalty for dual wielding pistols.
- Improved how the RNG for to-hit works.
- Added Show Gore option. Turn this off for less bloody executions.
- Remove blurriness for combat overview (pressing shift during combat).
- Fixed visual issues on lots of levels.
- Reworked Frankian Hills layout on world map.
- New icons for the Tank skill and Glow Stim Pack.
- Added health bar status icons on most buffs and debuffs.
- New weapon model for the sniper rifle
- Added bandaids on light wound icon to indicate how many missions the fighter must rest until recovered. It is also shown in the tooltip for the Light Wound.