Element Studios is thrilled to announce that the long awaited sequel to the genre defining mod, Element TD, has launched into Steam Early Access to rave reviews. Available now for the Early Access price of $9.99, Element TD 2 builds upon its predecessor as a feature-filled standalone title that looks set to once again redefine the way we play tower defence games.
Element TD 2 is the culmination of 15 years of competitive multiplayer tower defense development, with the original mod having been downloaded over 5 million times across Warcraft 3, StarCraft 2 and Dota 2. With 6 elements to combine, 44 towers, unique upgrade paths and much more, Element TD 2 is prepared to challenge an entirely new generation of player.
“As a mod, Element TD has evolved through many iterations since 2005, but it was always restricted by the game that it was attached to.” says CEO, Evan Hatampour. “With Element TD 2, we’ve rebuilt it from the ground up as a standalone title, allowing us to expand it in ways that were never possible before. New Maps, modes, co-op, achievements, cosmetics, lobby systems, and even a campaign.”
- 44 towers with unique elemental abilities created through multiple upgrade paths.
- Co-op mode that lets up to 8 players to team up at once.
- 55 waves to truly challenge your defenses, culminating in an endless boss.
- 9 maps to test your tactics on diverse layouts.
- 10 Modifiers to significantly alter the gameplay to your liking.
- 6 elements to empower your towers to create powerful diverse defences.
- Global servers allow for cross-region multiplayer.
- Leaderboards to compete against other players for top score.
- Replay support to showcase your victories and learn strategies from others.
- Unlockable cosmetics allows you to customize your builder.
- Duel mode places 2 players head to head in one area.