Commanders now have access to multiple systems, starships, and new on-foot Conflict Zones.
The Alpha, accessible since 29 March, is available for Lifetime Expansion Pass owners and players who have pre-ordered the Odyssey Deluxe Alpha expansion pack. The second phase of the Alpha will roll out today at 2 pm BST.
This second stage of the Odyssey Alpha will expand the playable area to 20 light-years and grant players access to their own starships. Adventurous Commanders can also drop into perilous Conflict Zones by signing in with the Frontline Solutions mercenary company.
Alpha 2 Features:
- Conflict Zones on foot are now accessible through the Frontline Solutions front desk.
- Commanders will have free access to starships and will be immediately issued with a Cobra Mk III, including multi-crew seats.
- Expanded playable area of the galaxy to approximately 20 light-years.
- A new spacesuit is available for purchase: Manticore Dominator combat suit.
- New starting system: Nervi.
- 300,000 starting credits for new Commanders. (This amount will also be added to existing Alpha Commanders’ balances.)
*Areas of play and features during the Alpha are subject to change.
- A new starting system and ship ownership should alleviate long travel times
- Issue fixed where players reported getting stuck in front of Vendor
- Added extra mission information, such as travel distance and pre-requisites, to further improve the player experience
- Fixed a few issues where mission objectives would not clear, or would not be displayed/initiated
- Fixed the issue where missions were not displaying the correct threat levels
- Adjusted fire area of effect causing players to receive fire damage through walls and ceilings
- Pressing escape after booking APEX will no longer leave players ‘stuck’ at the counter
- Reboot/restore mission will now provide players with the Power Regulators if required
- Suit and weapon upgrades fixed
- The system map should now open at the correct speed
- Fixed graphical issues experienced when entering and leaving ‘local map’ on foot
- Players can now pay fines and bounties via starport services and the authority contact
- Adjusted crime detection and consequences for all activities.
- Players will experience a crash when inviting others to ‘Teams’ whilst on foot – hotfix imminent
- Whilst on foot, players unable to select a side in a Conflict Zone via their Comms panel – this is not an issue if players use Frontline Solutions, or select a side whilst still in their ship
- In Conflict Zones, Victory credits shown are incorrect (too low)
- When in ‘Teams’ and in a hangar, players may experience ‘invisible’ host ship
- Player models may move through counters if sprinting when they interact with a vendor or terminal
- Collection mission objective may only update for one person in the instance
- When in the ‘Long distance planner’, selecting your ship and moving around the galaxy UI will soft-lock the player upon exiting
- Unable to meet up: If you are having issues meeting up, return to the front end and try again
- Oculus Rift HMD does not display the game
- When a crime has been cleared, it is still shown in the authority contact at the social space terminal
- ‘Complete Missions’ button may not work at station terminals
- Players may find that selecting to transfer consumables from the ship’s inventory does not work