Commanders can now explore a wider galaxy, discover new worlds and analyze new organic samples.
Frontier Developments plc announced today the start of the third phase of the Elite Dangerous: Odyssey PC Alpha. The Alpha, accessible since March 29th, is available for Lifetime Expansion Pass owners and players who have pre-ordered the Odyssey Deluxe Alpha expansion pack. The Odyssey Alpha will be updated to include the new content today at 2 pm BST.
The third stage of the Odyssey Alpha continues to expand the playable portion of the galaxy to 50 light-years and moves focus towards the exploration of undiscovered planets and the Exobiology career path. Additionally, Commanders will finally experience the coveted “First Footfall” moments within the Alpha, when they set foot on a previously uncharted planet for the first time.
Phase 3 Alpha Features:
- First Footfall: a new player experience of setting foot on a newly discovered planet within the Alpha.
- New sampling gameplay available thanks to the new Genetic Sampler tool.
- Expanded playable area of the galaxy to approximately 50 light-years.
- New spacesuit is available for purchase: Supratech Artemis explorer suit.
- General rebalancing of all available missions and rewards.
*Areas of play and features during the Alpha are subject to change.