Developer Digital Lode and Publisher Tripwire Presents Raise the Stakes for Espire Agents with Free Update Today for Oculus Quest and Quest 2.
Publisher Tripwire Presents and developer Digital Lode announced today the launch of the Espire 1: VR Operative Invictus update, the latest free update. Available today for Oculus Quest and Quest 2 VR platforms, today’s update introduces the brand-new map, Coober Pedy with new Combat, Objective, and Stealth Virtual Challenges for players to tackle. In addition, Oculus Challenge Leaderboard support has been added for Quest platforms for each new Virtual Challenge, allowing Espire agents around the world to compete for the best scores.
Espire 1: VR Operative Invictus update highlights include:
- Oculus challenges support: The Invictus update includes support for the “Oculus Challenges” feature. Compete for 1st place in regular Oculus challenges that are set by the Digital Lode developers! New Challenges will appear in Espire 1’s main menu each week and are integrated with the Oculus mobile app where you can invite friends and compete for the top spot during the limited time each challenge is open for competition.
- Coober Pedy Map: Set in the remote underground mining town in South Australia of the same name, Espire Agents are charged with infiltrating Ophis’ headquarters in this new scenario, featuring a hotel, church, and series of caves interconnected by the twisted series of tunnels below.
- Horcotes Elimination Challenge: Go in quiet or with guns blazing in this new Elimination Virtual Challenge. Explosives and turrets are scattered throughout the map.
- Cicurina Hostage Rescue Challenge: Locate and free the heavily guarded hostages and don’t forget the tools and tactics at your disposal. Throw objects to distract guards with sound, sneak up behind a guard for a “hold up,” or activate bullet time to steal a guard’s weapon right out of their hands.
- Crassipes Stealth Challenge: Use the cover of darkness to make your way through the level without being spotted and take care to avoid activating the mines.
In addition, developer Digital Lode has included numerous technical, and quality of life improvements based on feedback from the player community with today’s Espire 1: VR Operative Invictus update launch.