Indie video game publisher SFL Interactive together with veteran game creator Paul Cuisset announced today that FLASHBACK, the iconic and award-winning action adventure game from 1992, is being remastered for mobile platforms on the App Store and Google Play this Summer. FLASHBACK, is the original trailblazing Sci-Fi game that puts players in the role of Conrad, a scientist suffering from amnesia while being pursued by hostile forces on Titan, Saturn’s largest moon. As one of the original cinematic platform games, FLASHBACK combines classic puzzle-platformer mechanics with beautiful rotoscope animation. The game has received many awards since its launch including a Guinness Book World Record and remains a reference and an inspiration source for narration-based video games.
“It is an honor to work alongside Paul to bring FLASHBACK to mobile platforms,” said Michael Sportouch, Founder of SFL interactive. “FLASHBACK is a game that shows continued success on every platform it launches on, with over 2.2 million units sold on over 10 platforms. We can’t wait to get this game into the hands of mobile gamers to experience the same game from 1992, with some modern elements.”
The year is 2142. The young scientist Conrad B. Hart awakens on Titan, a colonized moon of Saturn. Stripped of all memory and with enemies and kidnappers on his heels, Conrad must defend himself against the dangers of this new world, all the while unravelling an insidious extra-terrestrial plot that threatens the planet.
FLASHBACK MOBILE GAMEPLAY FEATURES:
- Action Adventure: Experience the gripping Sci-Fi storyline of an extra-terrestrial plot that threatens the whole planet! Players must help scientist Conrad B. Hart make his way back to Earth, dodging kidnappers and enemies along the way.
- Post-FX Graphic Filters: Enjoy the beautiful and original artwork of FLASHBACK.
- Remastered Sound and Music: Same music remastered – enjoy the original soundtrack with updated and revamped audio.
- Rewind Function: Players can rewind the previous gameplay, all variable according to level of gameplay difficulty.
- Tutorial: Those who need a boost can use the tutorials to understand the game and play better!
- Play How You Want: Players can use the old and original control mechanics or utilize the new touch screen version.
FLASHBACK is coming soon to the App Store and Google Play.