With External Development Summit 2021 (XDS21 Adapt) coming up soon, the Brazil Games organization would like to share their plans for the event ahead of time to give everyone a good look at the fantastic studios they’ll be showing off. This year, six Brazilian External Development companies will be attending, along with presentations from Brazilian videogame industry professionals Rodrigo Carneiro, CEO of PUGA Studios, and Alberto Lopes, Director of Production at Kokku.
The Brazil Games Association Will Feature Talks and Panels from Industry Experts Along with Highlighting Several Amazing Indie Studios.
XDS21 Adapt is just around the corner, and today, Brazil Games is proud to announce that six Brazilian External Development companies — Diorama Digital, DX Gameworks, Flux Games, Gameplan.gg, Plot Kids, and PUGA studios — will be attending. Not only that but Brazil Games will also present sessions during the event, hosted by renowned Brazilian videogame industry professionals Rodrigo Carneiro, CEO of PUGA Studios, and Alberto Lopes, Director of Production at Kokku.
In partnership with the Brazilian Trade and Investment Promotion Agency (Apex-Brasil), the group is led by Brazil Games (the Brazilian Games Export Program) — carried out by Abragames – the Brazilian Games Companies Association.
XDS21 Adapt runs from September 14th to September 17th, 2021, and will welcome attendees from over 45 countries to advance the practice of external development for the games industry with three days of structured networking in Vancouver, Canada. The one-of-a-kind event will focus on external development for art, animation, audio, software engineering, QA, and localization.
“To say we’re extremely proud of our group of external development studios would be an understatement,” said Eliana Russi, Manager of Brazil Games. “We’re always excited to show the world the amazing things our country is capable of, and couldn’t be happier with our studios’ output and the speakers we have presenting at XDS21 Adapt.”
The Brazil Games delegation is composed of six fabulous studios this year, including:
- Diorama Digital — A studio with 13 years of industry background covering indie to AAA titles
- DX Gameworks — A new collaboration effort from Xbox Brazil, Garage 227 Studios, and Bertha Capital
- Flux Games — One of the leading professional game studios in Brazil and Latin America for a decade-plus
- GamePlan.GG — A Gametech created to attend the global games industry, providing intelligence, technology, and services
- Plot Kids — A company that excels in outsourcing of all kinds across all platforms with a focus on children and teens
- Puga Studios — A prominent outsourcing firm that has worked on 52 projects for 19 clients in 16 different countries around the globe
Of course, it wouldn’t be a developer conference without some informative and enlightening talks from industry experts, veterans, and professionals — of which Brazil Games has many.
Panels for XDS21 Adapt will include:
- “Getting Noticed as a Small Vendor” (Tuesday, September 14th at 3:30 PM PDT): Including Rodrigo Carneiro, CEO of PUGA Studios, attendees will learn about the best practices and strategies to use when approaching a large development studio for work or when entering the industry. The talk will highlight perspectives from both the vendor and the developer. A Q&A including Jesse Sosa, Outsourcing Manager at Gearbox Software, Brian Burleson, Managing Director of Production at Gearbox Software, Walter de Torres, Founding Partner at Pixel Mafia, and Colby Acree, Outsourcing Department Head at WB Games, Avalanche, will follow the main presentation.
- “Help Us Help You: Best Practices from RFP to Sign-Off” (Friday, September 17th at 10:30 AM PDT): Alberto Lopes, Director of Production at Kokku, will discuss the importance of communication and a proper protocol for ensuring solid partnerships between internal and external development teams and publishers. Several panelists will join the presentation — including Juney Dijkstra, Legacy Portfolio Manager at Paradox Interactive, Blandine Prost, Client Partner at Keywords Studios, and Andrii Titov, CTO at Stepico Games. A Q & A session will follow the talk.