GGaide + Next Lev’elles 2: Inspiring conversations with video game industry experts to benefit Centraide of Greater Montreal.
Created by the three studios for International Women’s Day 2021 to encourage more women to join the video game industry, Next Lev’Elles presents inspiring talks with women who have made their mark in a wide range of games industry jobs. Next Lev’Elles 2, moderated by Writer, Analyst, and Podcast Co-host Amanda Farough, will deliver personal and professional insights from industry experts. The program includes a keynote presentation of Bryter’s 2021 Female Gamers Survey and a panel of women on the topic of Creating Games for a Female Audience.
- Jenny McBean, keynote, presentation of Bryter’s annual Female Gamers survey
- Paula Neves, panelist, Senior Product Manager, Square Enix Montréal
- Ashley Homan, panelist, Studio QA Manager, Gameloft Montréal
- Hilary Boarman, Lead Animator Jurassic World Alive, Ludia Games
ʺWe are committed to doing our part to improve diversity in our industry by challenging the perception that women aren’t succeeding in tech or interested in video games, ʺ said event creators and organizers Geneviève Sorel of Gameloft Montreal, Junel Popp of Ludia Games, and Nedjma Belbahri of Square Enix Montréal. ʺWhile significant progress has been made in recent years in terms of female representation, there’s still a great deal of work to be done. We are thrilled to renew our collaboration to amplify women’s voices. When it comes to diversity and inclusion, there is no place for competition. ʺ
All proceeds from GGaide and Next Lev’Elles 2 will go to Centraide of Greater Montreal with a portion allocated to community organizations that directly help underprivileged women and their families.
- When: September 30th, 2021, 11 am ET during the GGaide Conference (September 30th, 2021, 9:30 am to 5 pm ET)
- Where: Virtual event
- Tickets: CAN $50. All proceeds from ticket sales will be donated to Centraide of Greater Montreal. Tickets give access to the complete GGaide conference program.
- To purchase tickets: https://www.techaidemontreal.org/en/event/2021-ggaide-conference/.