After a recent successful launch, there’s no better time than now to experience the incredibly original strategy gameplay of Golem Gates, which fuses CCG, RTS and MOBA elements in a dark arcane setting. In today’s free update, players can take on new trials, go head-to-head with up to four players on two new Versus maps that have unique central map objectives or fight for their lives in an all-new Survival version of the popular Vision map.
But don’t just take our word for it; Laser Guided Games has also released a new accolades trailer featuring quotes from some of the biggest voices in the industry, including PC Gamer, Kotaku and Shacknews.
In addition to all the great single-player campaign and multiplayer mayhem, new and existing players of Golem Gates can now also enjoy the following new content and gameplay improvements:
- Smoother difficulty curve for single-player campaign and balancing changes to several Glyphs to accommodate various player strategies;
- New Versus game option that ties Glyph drawing to in-game pickups instead of the traditional deck timer;
- New survival mode version of the Vision map with a challenging new enemy spawn mechanic;
- Two new Versus maps and three new Trials;
- Enhanced visuals, including additional cosmetic variants to various Glyphs and improved minimap icons.
“We’re thrilled with the initial reaction to Golem Gates and are very pleased to see the community that’s building around the game,” said Matt Oelfke, Founder and Lead Developer at Laser Guided Games. “As a self-publishing studio, we thrive on feedback from our fans and we’re really excited about delivering a fresh approach to the strategy genre. This new update provides the perfect opportunity for newcomers to discover what Golem Gates is all about.”
Golem Gates is an original strategy game from the creative talents behind such acclaimed games as Gears of War, Unreal Tournament and Civilization, and the concept design studio behind blockbuster Marvel Cinematic Universe films such as Black Panther, Spider-Man: Homecoming and the newly released Avengers: Infinity War. Golem Gates’ distinctive deck-building mechanic kicks combat into high-gear, for pulse-pounding real-time battles and devastating assaults. In addition to an epic single-player story campaign, players can put their skills to the test in various local and online game modes.