Phase 2 of the classically inspired CRPG’s Early Access releases and brings major new features.
After entering Early Access on Steam in August, GrapeOcean Technologies has been hard at work providing 14 updates to Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness, all as a direct result of passionate feedback from its fans.
Adventure seekers now have several new places to visit in Isilmerald. Explore the northern frozen harbor of Freynagar, separated from the city by a huge ice dome, or take a trip to Amanuel’s Hoard, the seaside fort owned by the greediest man in history. Be careful though, the conflict has begun to brew on both sides of the civil war around Isilmerald; you may just be key to resolving it.
On November 25th Phase 2 will not only add new main quest lines and locations, but also rebalance items, spells, and damage scaling, and improve character creation for new players.
- 3 Additional Main Quests: Choices you take affect the game world and the overall story in the last chapter.
- Fresh Side Quests: A variety of new side quests have been added, including long-anticipated companion quests.
- Re-imagined Starting Experience: The game’s introduction has been complete, revamped with more information, more player guidance, and options for how to complete it
- 6 New locations: Bringing with it a group of areas from the frozen north, Phase 2 also brings two dungeon areas for players to explore.
- Character Generation Refinements: The first of two significant improvements to character creation is an improved experience as well as improved UI.
- Added new low-level spells. Who doesn’t want greater flexibility on casters when starting out?
- Spell & Item Refinements: We’ve rebalanced spells and items to give greater selection and more power where it’s needed.
- Combat Update: Damage scaling has been reworked alongside fairer damage interruption.
- New Temple UI: (for recovering from healing and reviving characters, removing curses, and donating).
- Fresh SFX: New sound sets for both male and female protagonists!
- Companion XP Catch-up System: Rejoice, your newly recruited companion’s XP and level are matched to the protagonist.
- New Boss Fights: Fresh challenges await as you’ll face off against new bosses who aren’t for the faint-hearted. For those who do manage to topple them, they’ll offer unique loot