A Harvest Moon with Global Appeal!
Trek across beaches, the desert, and even a volcano in the latest entry into the long-running Harvest Moon series! The Harvest Goddess has gone missing, and it’s up to you to help bring her back! Along the way, you’ll come across cows, sheep, camels, and even reindeer! Dig in because, in this game, the world is your oyster!
Before the Harvest Goddess disappeared from this world, she imbued the tiny Harvest Wisps with the knowledge of various seeds, thus ensuring the world’s various fruits and vegetables would not be lost. Using the power given to these Harvest Wisps, you’ll unlock various seeds as you progress through the game! But the Harvest Wisps can be tricky to find, as they all appear at different times and places. You’ll need to use your noggin to make sure to seek as many as you can of them out!
- Set off on an adventure around the world to revive the Harvest Goddess!
- Explore 5 unique and colorful areas: the sprawling grasslands of Calisson, the gorgeous beaches of Halo Halo, the searing desert heat of Pastilla, the cozy hills of Lebkuchen, and the snowy mountains of Salmiakki!
- Play as a boy or a girl and woo one of 5 bachelors and 5 bachelorettes, each with their own unique personality and backstory!
- Raise and keep animals such as cows, sheep, goats, and even reindeer!
- Use your Expando-Farm to travel from one area to another easily!
Harvest Moon one of my favorite farming series. Since the beginning, when I started playing Harvest Moon 64. When I saw One World on my switch, I was excited, and I decided to pre-order it. The game was released on March 2. I pre-ordered it at the end of February. So when the game was finally released, I was excited to play it. When I started playing it, it was fun, and I liked the new things added. But it was clear to me that this game wouldn’t make me want to continue to play it. Now in the older Harvest Moon games, you were able to buy seeds.
In One World, you have to collect them. I liked this feature until it got old when I had to keep searching for different seed drops. The next thing I liked was the added parental figure in the game. In the other series, you always had a relative that passed away. But in One World, you had a parent that was alive, your mom. As I continued playing, it got to why you have a mom in this game if she wasn’t the prominent figure. Something I noticed right off was there was no calendar. In the other series, you would have a calendar on your wall telling you of the different events and birthdays that would happen that month. And this was a very missed feature for me. I had to quit playing the game because it got too tedious to collect seeds and travel to different locations. My recommendation to Natsume to continue with my beloved series is not to try and change things. And listen to your fans. This game was the worst one out of the series for me. This game should have been released before, not 21yrs after the initial release of Harvest Moon 64.
Build Your Farm From the Ground Up!
The long-awaited brand-new entry in the original farm/life simulation franchise, known in Japan as Bokujo Monogatari, makes its debut on Nintendo Switch, bringing players more freedom than ever before to shape an untamed wilderness and customize their farm down to the same tile. A new cast of marriage candidates, a town that grows and thrives along with your farm, and a request system highlight the new features, all while retaining the core elements of the STORY OF SEASONS series.
Finding Earth Sprites while exploring your farmland may lead you to mysterious, fantastical lands such as gardens where the seasons never change, an island in the sky, or even the inside of a volcano!
Inspired by tales of their grandfather’s pioneering days, the protagonist decides to pack their bags and leave the hustle and bustle of big city life for the frontier in Olive Town. When they arrive, they run into Victor, the town’s mayor, and their grandfather’s old friend. He brings them to the old farm, which has been reclaimed by nature over the years. Determined to breathe life back into their grandfather’s dream and follow in his footsteps, the protagonist rolls up their sleeves and gets to work. Olive Town—a stone’s throw away from the farm—is a port town built on a peninsula’s tip. It might be a quiet little town, but it is home to a whole host of unique characters. And while the townsfolk get by well enough in this picturesque seaside locale, a little more tourism never hurt anyone…
Cultivate Your Farm, Cultivate Your Town
Tame the wilderness of the peninsula and build your farm from the ground up! Gather and process materials to fulfill requests and improve Olive Town’s infrastructure, upgrade tools, or commission new outfits and accessories.
Simple Mechanics, Deep Gameplay
Greenhorn farmers can rest easy with the return of Seedling Mode and Normal Mode. Veteran players ready to create a bustling farm of their own will find familiar features and facilities with new twists on classic gameplay elements.
A Farm of Endless Possibilities
Clear the land, repair old facilities, and place new ones wherever you see fit. Level up your farming skills and craft various decorations and facilities, from fences and automatic feeders for livestock to sprinklers for crops!
There’s Always Something Going on in Olive Town!
Participate in local festivals as the town comes to life with over 200 unique events! Get to know your neighbors better, and you may even find love with a special someone among them.
Olive Town’s not the only place to explore! To celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Bokujo Monogatari series, farmers can look forward to a bountiful harvest’s worth of add-on content! Travel to new areas, meet (or reunite with) some familiar faces, and don brand-new outfits in the STORY OF SEASONS: Pioneers of Olive Town Expansion Pass!
The following 3 outfit sets for the protagonists will be available at launch:
- Pete and Claire’s Overalls
- Yuto and Naomi’s Hoodies
- Henry and Holly’s Western Attire
- Animal Attire (Protagonists)
- Animal Attire (Marriage Candidates)
- School Uniforms (Protagonists)
- School Uniforms (Marriage Candidates)
- Yukata Set (Protagonists)
- Yukata Set (Marriage Candidates)
- Olive Town Mystery Files
- The Legendary Sprite Dance
Marriage Candidate Expansion Packs
- Windswept Falls Expansion Pack
- Terracotta Oasis Expansion Pack
- Twilight Isle Expansion Pack
* The protagonist outfits will become available once you have completed the town development request to build the salon. You may then commission the outfits from Karina.
* All protagonist outfits can be worn regardless of gender chosen.
* To change the marriage candidates’ outfits, select “Downloadable Content” from the title screen, then enable the outfits in the “Transfer Downloadable Content” menu.
* Marriage candidate outfit sets are not available for marriage candidates added in the Expansion Packs.
* The sub-scenarios are small sets of quests, events, and outfits separate from the main game’s scenario.
* Marriage Candidate Expansion Packs are based on past titles in the STORY OF SEASONS series. They include a new area, 2 townsfolk, and 2 marriage candidates each.
Story of Seasons is a new series I started playing after I was disappointed with Harvest Moon. Story of Seasons came out on March 23, 2021, and I also pre-ordered this game. I bought this game with their expansion pass, unlike Harvest Moon. Since I started this game, I fell in love. Everything was just as the game’s website had stated. You can build everything by yourself and slowly upgrade the house you live in. I haven’t played this game much yet. But it does look promising and a lot better than the Harvest Moon One World. So if you had to pick just one, I would say pick Story of Seasons.