How to Unlock all MW2 Camos
Camos are weapon skins that show your mastery in Call of Duty MW2. Activision added various appearances for each gun, so you can choose how they look based on your preferences.
Camo challenges are among the most important progressions players grind for in CoD.
To unlock camos in Modern Warfare 2, you must level up your weapons and complete specific tasks.
Our Modern Warfare 2 Camos guide covers a step-by-step overview of camouflage progression. After reading our article, you will learn how to get mastery camos quickly and efficiently.
Table of Contents
In the following list, you can find a breakdown of our Call of Duty Camos Guide:
- How many Camos are in Modern Warfare 2?
- How does the MW2 Camo System work?
- Base Camo Challenges in Modern Warfare 2
- Modern Warfare 2 Camos List
- What Mastery Camos are available in Modern Warfare 2?
- Final Thoughts
How many Camos are in Modern Warfare 2?
There are 198 base camos available for each gun in MW2, along with the 4 mastery camos you can get for all weapon classes.
The weapon classes available in MW2 are:
- Assault Rifles (AR)
- Battle Rifles (BR)
- Submachine Guns (SMG)
- Light Machine Guns (LMG)
- Sniper Rifles
- Marksman Rifles
- Melee Weapons
How does the MW2 Camo System work?
The Camo progression is based on weapon level in the first instance. To get the mastery camo, you must start leveling up your base weapons and unlock all attachments for other guns on the same platform.
Most difficult camo challenges
From our experience, most weapons will be easy to max out. However, the most difficult camouflage challenges regarding weapon class are:
- Melee Weapons
Unlocking all your Modern Warfare 2 camouflages is a challenging and time-consuming task. You can let a professional CoD player grind for them and just enjoy the final result by choosing an MW2 boosting services provider like KBoosting.
Base Camo Challenges in Modern Warfare 2
The base challenges are available for each particular weapon. You will obtain base camos during your weapon leveling process.
How to unlock base camos
By using certain weapons, getting attachments, killing enemies, winning matches, and getting double kills & headshot kills, you get xp and unlock camouflages.
At the beginning of your journey through Modern Warfare 2, you will obtain some basic camouflages without even noticing, but as you advance, the progression becomes more challenging.
You must focus on camo challenges and grind if you want these unique weapon skins.
Modern Warfare 2 Camos List
Various base camos are available for each weapon in Modern Warfare 2, which you can check by going to the Gunsmith at Customize section.
The mastery camos are the same for all the weapons. The ultimate camos available in CoD Modern Warfare 2 are:
What is the Best Camo in MW2?
Orion is the best camo in Call of Duty MW2 since it is the rarest and hardest to get. Also, it looks sensational. You must achieve all the other skins and attain the completionist challenges to get the final camouflage.
Only the bravest players can get their hands on the most wanted Camo in MW2, so by achieving it, you will be seen as a superstar in the game.
What Mastery Camos are available in Modern Warfare 2?
The Completionist camos in Modern Warfare 2 are Gold, Platinum, Polyatomic, and Orion.
Completionist Weapon Camos in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
The completionist camo challenges are the ultimate goal in CoD Modern Warfare 2, requiring advanced skills and time investment.
Having these camos equipped on all weapon categories differentiates you from most players and shows your proficiency.
CoD Modern Warfare 2 Gold Camos
Golden Camo is the first step in your journey to unlock all mastery camos in Modern Warfare 2. Unlike base camos, this one requires more grind. Every single weapon has specific Gold challenges:
- Unlock the weapon if it’s not available by default. (each weapon belongs to a platform and can be unlocked by achieving a specific level for its base weapon).
- Equip the weapon you want Golden camo for, and level it up while focusing on the basic camo challenges (you can check each particular challenge at Gunsmith).
- Get all the base weapon camouflages (usually done by reaching the max weapon level and completing some remaining tasks).
- Complete the Golden camo challenge for your desired weapon.
For example, we will refer to the M4 Assault Rifle. Below you can find the specific gold challenges that you must complete to unlock Golden for M4 AR in Modern Warfare 2:
- Get Scales Camo (get 50 kills with the M4).
- Get Desert Hybrid Camo (get 50 kills while ADS using M4).
- Get Dark Leaves Camo (10 double kills using M4).
- Get Urban Renewal Camo (15 kills from behind with M4).
- Complete the Golden Challenge (3 kills without dying ten times using M4).
The other weapons have their own golden camo challenges in MW2, so getting all the golds will take a while, but it’s not impossible.
If you are willing to invest time in camo challenges, the reward is worth the effort.
CoD Modern Warfare 2 Platinum Camo Walkthrough
The Platinum camouflage is an awesome-looking mastery camo in Modern Warfare 2 that requires more significant grind.
You must complete the Plat camo challenges for each weapon category to get this unique skin.
The Platinum challenge requires players to unlock golden camos for all weapons in a category, along with another specific camo challenge, such as longshot kills and double kills.
Platinum camo challenges
Unlocking Gold for all weapons in a category will get you the chance to complete the ultimate Platinum challenges for each weapon class, such as:
- Assault Rifle – 25 long shot kills with each AR.
- Battle Rifle – 25 long shot kills with each BR.
- Submachine Gun – 25 long shot kills with each SMG.
- Light Machine Gun – 25 long shot kills with each LMG.
- Sniper Rifle – 25 long shot kills with each sniper.
- Marksman Rifle – 25 longshot with each marksman.
- Shotgun – 25 longshot with each shotgun
- Handgun – 25 longshot with each pistol.
- Launchers – Destroy 25 enemy killstreaks, equipment, or vehicles.
- Riot Shield – 10 double kills with the shield equipped.
- Melee Weapon – 10 double kills with each melee weapon.
Note: From my experience, getting those 10 double kills using melee is a pain.
How to achieve Polyatomic Camo in Modern Warfare 2?
Only a few players can get this far and unlock the Polyatomic Camo in Modern Warfare 2. And here is why:
Getting this camouflage requires unlocking all the camos for all weapons and completing the Polyatomic camo challenge for each gun.
The mastery challenge for Polyatomic camo is more difficult than platinum challenges, so things will start getting much more demanding from this point.
After completing basic camo, getting a Goldeappearancece on all the weapons, and completing the Plat for all the guns, you must get through the Polyatomic challenges for every weapon type.
To unlock Polyatomic, the challenges are almost similar to the Platinum ones, but you have headshots instead of longshot kills. Still, you will not get away from double kills.
Camo challenges you must complete to achieve Poly in Modern Warfare 2 are:
- Assault Rifle (AR) – 25 headshot kills with each AR.
- Battle Rifle (BR) – 25 headshots with each BR.
- Submachine Gun (SMG) – 25 headshot kills using each SMG.
- Light Machine Gun (LMG) – 25 headshot kills with each LMG.
- Sniper Rifle – 25 headshots using each Sniper.
- Marksman Rifle – 25 headshot kills with each Marksman.
- Shotgun – 25 headshot kills with each Shotgun.
- Handgun – 25 headshot kills with pistols.
- Launcher – 15 double kills with launchers.
- Riot Shield – 10 kills from behind with the shield equipped.
- Melee – 10 kills from behind with each melee weapon.
Tips & Tricks for Orion Camo Unlock
The ultimate step in your Modern Warfare 2 camo grind is unlocking the Orions. After completing the base and gold camo challenge, you successfully unlock your Platinum & Polyatomic. It is time to reveal the unique camo:
The good news is that there are no final camo challenges, and achieving the Polyatomic for every weapon in Call of Duty MW2 automatically unlocks your Orion camos, so no more grinding!
In this Modern Warfare 2 Camos complete guide, we did our best to cover all the information you need to get all weapon camos and look like a pro in Call of Duty matches.
Getting all the completionist skins is challenging, but nothing compares to the satisfaction you get by seeing your whole account maxed out and keeping up with the top players.
We hope that our little article helped you achieve all the Mastery Camo challenges in the game as a true champion!