A stealth RPG created by Canadian developer Mark Nasr, Shadowy Contracts was inspired by sword-and-sorcery movies, the Dark Ages, and classic stealth games from the late ‘90s. This solo effort manages to feature sharp graphics, extensive character customization, and even a large open world for players to explore
Kill List: The Story So Far
In Shadowy Contracts, King Arthur ascends the throne in a world hurting from violence, poverty, and hardship. Not willing to sit and wait while things get better, our protagonist joins an assassin organization – coming to grips with an unexpected magical heritage in the process …
Shadowy Contracts has a straightforward premise: Take on contracts and eliminate targets for gold … or die trying! Furthermore – and in keeping with RPG standards – gold can be used to purchase weapons, armor, and effects/enchants. At the start of Early Access, 52 weapons, 38 armor sets, and 21 weapon effects/enchants will be available – with more to come in the near future. Successful assassins can also use their revenue streams to hire and lead mercenaries into battle – raising the stakes in a big way.
“I’ve loved playing games from a very young age. I used to wonder about how they were actually made – and if I would ever be able to create my own games one day. A part of me has always been fascinated by the stealth genre and what makes those games tick – even more so with games such as Skyrim that combine stealth and combat! After studying software engineering and spending a few years working on smaller games, I finally had the chance to develop my own title. I’m thrilled that it’s finally out – and I can’t wait to hear from players.”
– Mark Nasr (Lead Developer & Founder, ExiledThunder Productions)
- Enjoy more than 7 contracts and 4 battle levels – with more coming soon!
- Loot and buy more than 52 different weapons, 38 armor sets, and 21 weapon effects/enchants.
- Progress by not only looting weapons, but also learning abilities and spells using the talent tree.
- Play your way with levels and enemies that scale with you.
- Customize your character freely with an extensive character creation system.
Shadowy Contracts is now available on Steam (Windows only) for $9.74 – a 25% discount. On October 10, the game will return to its original retail price of $12.99.