Devs with type 1 diabetes team up for a cure — bundle w/ Walking Dead, We Happy Few, Sam & Max, Super Meat Boy Forever, Observation, and 7 more.
Join the fight against type 1 diabetes (T1D) with the Game Over, T1D Bundle, available through May 18 from HumbleBundle.com. Game developers and publishers with personal connections to T1D have teamed up to offer twelve games for just $12. (Or more, if you’re feeling generous!) A percentage of sales will support JDRF, the leading global type 1 diabetes (T1D) research and advocacy organization.
As explained in An Enemy You Can Beat: Type 1 Diabetes in Video Games, a short documentary-style video released today, this cause is very personal to many of the developers whose games are in the bundle. Eight of the twelve games in the bundle have a direct connection to T1D:
- Super Meat Boy and Super Meat Boy Forever — creator Tommy Refenes lives with T1D, and the games have a diabetes-inspired enemy
- We Happy Few — writer Lisa Hunter has family members with diabetes, and the game features a main character whose diabetes is woven into the gameplay
- The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners — creative director Adam Grantham lives with T1D
- Saturday Morning RPG — creator Josh Fairhurst lives with T1D
- Sam & Max Save the World — executive producer Dan Connors has a child with T1D
- Observation and Stories Untold — writer/director Jon McKellan has a child with T1D