At the FINAL FANTASY® XIV Fan Festival in Tokyo, Japan, SQUARE ENIX® revealed to 15,000 attendees that the highly anticipated third expansion,Shadowbringers™ will take players to the First World and the realm of Norvrandt. This marks the first time Warriors of Light will journey across dimensions and into a land similar, yet different. Here they must become Warriors of Darkness to restore night and save the world from the apocalypse the Flood of Light promises.
During the event’s keynote, Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida announced numerous new features, including:
- New Job – Dancer: Dancer joins gunbreaker as one of the new jobs inShadowbringers. This ranged attacker not only unleashes powerful attacks using throwing weapons, but also performs dances to execute abilities and provide beneficial effects to their party.
- New Player Race – Hrothgar: The Hrothgar player race compliments the recently announced Viera as the second new playable race in Shadowbringers. The Hrothgar and Viera will both have unique, customizable features specific to their races.
- New Player Cities – The Crystarium and Eulmore: Located in Norvrandt, the former will serve as a player hub, while the latter—an affluent city ruled by the elite will play a key role in the Shadowbringers main storyline.
- New Raid – Eden: This new high-end raid content will feature multiple challenging bosses, as well as a new character—both designed specifically for this raid series by KINGDOM HEARTS® Director and FINAL FANTASY series veteran, Tetsuya Nomura.
- New Beast Tribe and Primal: The bearded dwarves and the ”sin eater,” Innocence.
- New Field Area – Lakeland:
The reveal of the complete Shadowbringers trailer presents a deeper look at the expansion’s setting.
These features add to the list of exciting previously announced content, including a level cap increase to level 80, the Trust system—which provides a new opportunity for solo play, a new 24-player alliance raid series entitled “YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse”, New Game+, and end-game content for crafters and gatherers which sees the Restoration of the Holy See of Ishgard.
SQUARE ENIX announced further updates and collaborations to expand the world of FINAL FANTASY XIV Online.
The FINAL FANTASY XV collaboration scheduled for release on April 16 will feature hero Noctis Lucis Caelum visiting the realm of Eorzea for his latest journey. FINAL FANTASY XIV Online players who complete the collaboration content will obtain a number of FINAL FANTASY XV-themed rewards, including Noctis’s hairstyle and outfit, as well as a chance to receive the first-ever four-person mount: the Regalia.
Zenos yae Galvus of FINAL FANTASY XIV: Stormblood™ will be joining the roster ofDISSIDIA® FINAL FANTASY NT.
FINAL FANTASY XIV: Dad of Light will return as a full-length feature set to arrive in theaters in Japan.