Today, SQUARE ENIX® released the latest expansion pack for the wildly popular FINAL FANTASY® TRADING CARD GAME (“FFTCG”) titled “Opus X: Ancient Champions.” With the release of Opus X, FFTCG has now shipped over 200 million cards worldwide. The set introduces the new keyword “Damage,” allowing for deeper tactical strategies by initiating unique effects once a player has taken a specified amount of damage. The new set arrives just in time for the upcoming FFTCG 2019 World Championship, to be held at the Hilton LAX in Los Angeles on November 23-24.
Opus X also enhances the play experience and collectability of the FFTCG, featuring popular characters from titles such as FINAL FANTASY III, XI, XII, BRAVE EXVIUS®, and more. The set features exclusive, original art from FINAL FANTASY series veterans, including:
- Ryoma Ito (FINAL FANTASY XII REVENANT WINGS, FINAL FANTASY XI)
- Yasuhisa Izumisawa (WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY™)
- Rubi Asami (MOBIUS FINAL FANTASY and original versions of classic FINAL FANTASY jobs)
- Isamu Kamikokuryo (FINAL FANTASY XII)
- Toshitaka Matsuda (FINAL FANTASY III)
- Akira Oguro (FINAL FANTASY IV)
Players that purchase a sealed Opus X booster display from participating retailers will receive a Full Art Promo Card featuring FINAL FANTASY VIII protagonist Squall, while supplies last.