Year 7 Season 2 brings Belgian Operator, Close Quarter map, Reputation System, and more.
Today, Ubisoft announced that Operation Vector Glare, the second season of Rainbow Six Siege’s Year 7, is now available. This season introduces Sens, a new Belgian Operator, a new Team Deathmatch map, Phase 1 of the new Reputation System bringing Privacy Mode and reverse friendly fire sanctions, onboarding tools, and more gameplay improvements.
Operation Vector Glare puts strategy at the forefront with new Attacker Sens, whose R.O.U. Projector System gadget deploys a wheel that constructs a wall of light that blocks players’ line of sight. They are a low-speed, high health Operator, carrying a new weapon, the POF-9 or a 417 as a primary weapon and an SDP 9MM or a GONNE-6 as a secondary weapon.
Alongside Sens, additional updates coming this season include:
- Close Quarter, an exclusive new map for Team Deathmatch mode
- Phase 1 of the Reputation System, with reverse friendly fire sanctions, match cancellation system updates, and Privacy Mode
- Two onboarding tools: Shooting Range, a space to practice, train, and experiment; and Operator Guides, which inform players about each Operator and offer strategies
- A third slot for secondary weapons for certain Operators
- An option to adjust screen shake intensity
- No more Operator quarantine for esports
Also coming with Operation Vector Glare is the Squad Up Reactivation Program: players will be able to invite up to four former teammates who have not played during Year 7. After playing five matches together, in any PVP game mode, both players will earn big rewards. Players inviting their former teammates will earn rewards for each of their four friends completing the program: from new Year 6 Operators, a new exotic weapon skin, or other fallback rewards including Battle Pass points if they already own those Operators. Each returning invited player, after playing five matches, will unlock a Year 4 or Year 5 Operator or other fallback rewards.
Rainbow Six Siege is now available to play on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, the Xbox One family of consoles, Xbox Series X | S, and Windows PC, including on Ubisoft+, Ubisoft’s subscription service, Amazon Luna, and Stadia.