Blizzard Entertainment 1/29/2016
Since the launch of Starcraft II: Legacy of the Void, we’ve been testing various balance changes. After gathering and reviewing your feedback from our most recent Balance Test Map that explored these changes, we are ready to move forward with the first balance update for Legacy of the Void. You can expect to see the following adjustments applied to Legacy of the Void multiplayer today.
- Photon Overcharge
- Duration increased from 11 seconds to 14 seconds
- Weapon period decreased from 0.89 seconds to 0.71 second
- Energy cost increased from 25 to 50
- Damage reduced from 10 (+13 light) to 10 (+12 light)
- Parasitic Bomb
- Damage decreased from 90 to 60
If you’re interested in the StarCraft II Balance Team’s reasoning behind each change, you can check out David Kim’s original forum post on the changes, as well as his follow-up regarding further changes.
We truly appreciate all the feedback we’ve received from the community. Your feedback and playtesting helped shape this update, and we hope you’ll continue to participate in future balance testing. Until next time, we hope you enjoy these changes!