Liberated, a noir cyberpunk action game, is coming to PC in July. The PC version will launch with a variety of new features and improvements. A free upgrade for the Switch version will be available after the PC launch
Walkabout Games made the announcements via trailers presented during June’s two main gaming events – Guerilla Collective and the Future Games Show.
Liberated is a gorgeous hand-drawn action-adventure comic book game about a revolution in a cyberpunk world. The player joins the group of activists who fight to uncover the truth about the oppressive government.
This innovative indie game for the Switch has struck a chord with the core Nintendo audience. Rewarded with a score of 8/10 by Nintendo Life, 9/10 by Pure Nintendo, and 8/10 by NintendoSoup, Liberated was praised for its unique hand-drawn visuals, a relevant and universal message, and its full and unparalleled commitment to the comic book narrative.
The PC version, which will debut on Steam, GOG.com, GeForce Now and Humble Bundle in July, will come with a variety of new features, including:
- Full English voice-overs
- Ultra HD resolution support (4K and up)
- Ultra widescreen support
- High refresh rate support (144Hz and up)
- High-res textures
- Enhanced lighting
- Support for Keyboard & Mouse + Gamepads
- “An atmospheric, absorbing treat” – 8/10, Nintendo Life
- “More than just a game” – 8/10, NintendoSoup
- “An incredibly well-crafted game that executes both story and gameplay excellently” – 9/10, Pure Nintendo
- “A standout title, both experimental and engrossing” – 9/10, Nintendo Enthusiast
- “Fine example of how games can enhance storytelling” – 84%, Switchaboo