Cats can be as cute as annoying, and understanding what they really want is not exactly an easy feat. So you decided to rebuild an old factory and use it to process huge amounts of data to feed machine learning models so you can understand what they want. Seems a bit overkill, but nothing is too much for our furry, fluffy kittens! Luden.io, creators of the acclaimed puzzle game about machine learning while True:learn(), are happy to meow about their second game Learning Factory, which will be released on Early Access on Q1 2021! You can play the free alpha right now on Steam!
Learning Factory is a factory automation game where you have to build an increasingly bigger and complex factory, named KOTOVOD and located on Mars, to make goods for cats. Then you get data about sales analyzing what cats liked or disliked, and use this data with machine learning models to optimize prices and make sure you’re selling what cats really long for.
But just as with while True:learn(), there’s more to this game: backed by actual specialists in the matter and using real-world machine learning models, the game aims also at teaching how big data is collected and processed in machine learning. You will be learning about two of the most relevant technologies of our time while you play a super fun strategy game — if you want to, that is; because at its true heart it’s above all a quirkily engaging factory automation game with lots of cats in it!
- Rebuild a factory from scratch to make goods for cats
- Automate and optimize it to be as efficient as possible
- Research new stuff to make and build machines to do the job
- Build cat-entertaining facilities inside your new research lab and collect useful data on their behavior
- Get sales data and analyze it with Machine Learning to create better quality and custom stuff
- Optimize your factory to unveil the mystery of what cats really want and how it can change the Universe