Tripwire Interactive Launches Meaty First Downloadable Content for Maneater, the Award-winning, Action-RPG (shARKPG).
Developer and publisher Tripwire Interactive announced today the launch of Maneater: Truth Quest, the first downloadable content (DLC) for Maneater, the award-winning Action-RPG (shARkPG) where you play as a shark! Out now for the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 entertainment systems, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S console systems, and PC (via Steam and Epic Games Store), the Maneater: Truth Quest DLC requires the completed base game, Maneater, to play, and is available for $14.99 / €14.99 / £12.99 MSRP with an ESRB rating of M for Mature, PEGI 18 rating, and USK 16 rating. Players looking for the best bang for their bite, can also look forward to the Maneater Apex Edition, which includes the base game, Maneater, plus the Maneater: Truth Quest DLC, available for $49.99 / €49.99 / £42.99.
Following the dramatic conclusion in Maneater, the titular and evolved bull shark protagonist and journalist/narrator Trip Westhaven return in Maneater: Truth Quest, an all-new adventure that takes players to Plover Island off the coast of Port Clovis – and comes packed with new evolution, challenges, wildlife, and more! Players will once again take control of the apex predator of the sea to Eat, Explore and Evolve their way to the top of the food chain.
Maneater: Truth Quest Features Include:
- Play through a new full narrative, story-based expansion as Trip Westhaven (voiced by Chris Parnell; SNL, 30 Rock, Rick and Morty) is back to narrate, having now been relegated to the online video streaming platform “ViewTube.”
- New Evolutions
- New Evolution Set
- Maximum level cap increased to 40
- Five new organ evolutions with one additional organ slot unlocked at level 35 (requires DLC ownership)
- New “Uber” Apex Predator
- Battle fierce wildlife, including evolved hunt creatures as you eat your way up the food chain to regain regional dominance.
New Military Forces for Bounty Hunter System
- Nicknamed “Site P,” the Plover Island Military complex hosts land forces that will launch attacks from beaches and fortifications
- Helicopters will hunt by air
- Five new Bounty Bosses
- New weapons and vehicles for military Bounty Hunters
New Objective Types
- Failure to Communicate: Tail-whip objects to destroy the target objective
- Time Trial: Swim through the rings before time runs out!