MapleStory M is kicking off 2022 with exciting events celebrating upcoming holidays, as well as adding two new Arcane River dungeons for high-level players, three more new dungeons in The Edge of Space, improved ways to level up, and rebalancing for characters.
Throughout the next few weeks, players will have the chance to celebrate Lunar New Year and Valentine’s Day, along with participating in the Teddy’s Family Bucket List event, which features six mini-events that offer event coins and other rewards based on players’ rankings in each activity.
This update adds two new dungeons in the Arcane River region: Erda Spectrum and Hungry Muto. These new party quests feature tapping minigames and can only be entered by players level 200 (Erda Spectrum) or 215 (Hungry Muto) and higher. Maplers will receive five free tickets per week for the dungeons and can earn rewards including Vanishing Journey Arcane Symbols.
Additionally, three more new dungeons will be added to The Edge of Space, where Maplers can battle monsters for a limited time each day. Maplers level 140 and higher can also celebrate the New Year with an improved leveling experience, featuring new daily quests with higher EXP rewards to expedite the leveling process. Various characters will be rebalanced, while the Guild Fort Battle will temporarily close down before reopening again in February.
The start of 2022 also brings a number of events celebrating upcoming holidays and more:
- Starforce Enhancement Event – On January 28th and January 31st, Maplers can celebrate Lunar New Year with a discount on Starforce enhancement costs.
- Teddy’s Family Bucket List – From January 19th through February 15th, players can participate in six different mini-events to earn Teddy event coins and other rewards based on their ranking in each event. The event shop will remain open until February 22th.
- Potion Pyramid: Players can stack potions in the shape of a pyramid, competing against other players
- Teddy’s Bowling Class: A bowling minigame where players can adjust the power of the bowling ball using the bowling gauge
- Teddy’s Garden: An EXP buff event that grants rewards by the amount and type of flowers grown
- Teddy’s Baking Challenge: Exchange event items collected from field hunting for various rewards
- Kittin’ Around with Teddy’s Cat: Take care of Teddy’s cats to earn special and cumulative rewards
- I Love Yummy Food Event!: A minigame where players score points by dodging objects
Teddy’s 14-Day Attendance Event – From January 19th through February 9th, Maplers can earn rewards for logging in for up to 14 days. These rewards can include Teddy event coins, a Legendary Rebirth Flame, Red Meso exchange tickets, and more.
Bittersweet Valentine’s Day Event – Love is in the air from February 9th through February 23rd, when Maplers will experience a special Valentine’s Day story quest! Players can also collect ingredients from field hunting to exchange for a gift box full of EXP tickets, Auto Battle tickets, and much more.