Rainmaker Productions and M2 Bring Unedited and Uncensored Localization of Renowned Super Famicom (SNES) Title to Western Audiences for the First Time.
New video game company Rainmaker Productions today announced Assault Suits Valken Declassified, an unedited and uncensored localization of the original Super Famicom/Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) mecha action classic. Produced in collaboration with M2 Co., Ltd., the re-release will also feature a recreated and translated version of the original 80-page Assault Suits Valken Japanese guidebook, an onslaught of both brand-new and never-before-seen artwork, and more. Assault Suits Valken Declassified will launch exclusively for the Nintendo Switch for $24.99 USD on March 30th, 2023.
Originally released for the Super Famicom/SNES in 1992, Assault Suits Valken takes place in a future where two governments are at war over both Earth’s dwindling natural resources and the territorial rights to its moon. Assuming the role of soldier Jake Brain, players will pilot his classic mecha through a variety of challenging 2D run-and-gun missions as they seek to fulfill Jake’s objective of destroying the opposing government’s most powerful extraterrestrial weapon — Bildvorg.
- Unedited and uncensored version of Assaults Suits Valken with a new English translation.
- New recreation of the 80-page Japanese Guidebook translated into English.
- Inclusion of both the arranged and game soundtracks.
- New interview with Satoshi Nakai about the original game’s mecha design.
- New artwork by Satoshi Urusihihara, the original game’s character designer.
- New “Retro Color” screen filter, along with regular CRT and scanlines options.
- Super Play of the game with its “good ending”.
- Save/Load states as well as Replay record and playback functionality.
Platforms: Nintendo Swtich