Re:Legend, the cooperative multiplayer JRPG adventure honored in 2017 with the Southeast Asia “Best Rising Star Award” and in 2018 with the “Best Game Design” award at the Level Up Game conference in Malaysia, is coming to Steam Early Access on Friday, Aug. 30, published by 505 Games.Re:Legend, developed by Malaysia-based Magnus Games, was successfully backed on Kickstarter in less than 24-hours and became the most crowd-funded game in the history of Southeast Asia.
An all-encompassing JRPG-simulator hybrid combining farming and life-simulation mechanics with strong monster-raising and multiplayer features, Re:Legend invites players to build and expand their village through a huge variety of life-simulation activities, inclusive of farming, fishing, crafting and more. Several renowned composers are working on Re:Legend, including famed Video Game Orchestra founder and composer Shota Nakama (Final Fantasy XV).
Set in the world of Ethia, players awake as a legendary hero, washed ashore on Vokka Island with no memories. Players must revive their hero, and find ways to remember the forgotten past. By learning how to survive – cultivating the land, breeding and catching fish, befriending inhabitants, expanding the village, crafting weaponry and training for combat, among all the available activities – players will increase the chances of taming and raising the Magnus, magical creatures that populate this wondrous world. With a Magnus on his/her side, the adventurer will be able to venture across the land, facing threatening challenges, finding even more powerful Magnus and eventually regain lost memories.
Key Features of Re:Legend Include:
- Create your hero to fit your personal taste with a plethora of customization options
- Tame and grow your Magnus, impacting their evolution into powerful creatures
- Farm the land and the sea by cultivating crops, catching fish and maintaining fisheries
- Fight menacing enemies with a variety of crafted weapons and your Magnus
- Master your skills through practice, with skillsets including logging, crafting, combat and more
- Socialize with villagers, join festivals, make new friends and even find love
- Play by yourself in single-player mode or with up to four friends in multiplayer co-op mode
The Steam Early Access program will allow players to access the game during its last phase of development, offering the player community an opportunity to help the development team define the final game content. The world of Ethia will expand during the Early Access program with additional biomes made available to players leading toward the official v1.0 game launch.
Re:Legend will be available on Steam for PC at the special price of $19.99 during Early Access.