Thunderful Publishing, Rising Star Games and japanese boutique developer Qute Corporation today announced that its dramatic side scrolling shoot ’em up Natsuki Chronicles will be digitally launching on Steam and PlayStation® 4 today, priced at $/€19.99 / £15.99. First Press Games will also be preparing a limited edition physical release for Natsuki Chronicles and its vertical scrolling shoot ’em up companion game Ginga Force, in Q2 2021 for PlayStation 4.
Natsuki Chronicles is a side scrolling shooter where players are placed in the cockpit of rookie pilot Natsuki, as she protects her planet from eco-terrorists stealing their natural resources! This critically acclaimed shooter boasts a ton of content including:
- A Story Mode with an intersecting narrative that runs parallel with Ginga Force, alternating between the past and present over 10+ intense stages.
- An Arcade Mode for a quick bullet hell fix, complete with online leaderboards.
- A huge selection of customization options with over a hundred weapons, echoing its predecessor Ginga Force.
- A wide variety of equipment discoverable throughout the game, making for added replay value as players add to their collection.
- The innovative “Bullet Trajectory Display” system, allowing players to observe the direction of enemy bullets, giving them a way to navigate through this bullet hell!
Natsuki Chronicles is a horizontal arcade shooter that tells the immersive story of pilot Natsuki as a member of the Rapid Defence Force fighting to protect their cache of energy rich element Septonium from getting into the hands of eco-terrorists. This horizontal shooter has a story that runs in parallel with the cult classic vertical shooter Ginga Force, playing both games offers two bullet hell experiences, with an intersecting narrative! Coupled with this intriguing premise and incredible gameplay innovations with intense action throughout, Natsuki Chronicles caters to shooter veterans and newcomers alike – bullet hell has never felt so addictive.