With Warframe’s massive expansion The New War coming soon, Digital Extremes is revealing some new details about what players can expect. This expansion is really panning out to be something special for the long-running game.
Master a Variety of Play Styles and Combat Mechanics with New Playable Characters in Act I, a Sentient-Hybrid Warframe, and Harrow Prime Access.
Warframe developer Digital Extremes is offering players a sneak peek of the thrilling action-combat and new features coming to the award-winning looter shooter when The New War arrives on Wednesday, December 15th, 2021. The next and biggest chapter in Warframe’s free Cinematic Questline, The New War will see players controlling new playable characters for the very first time as they work through dramatic twists and turns across Act 1, mastering the unique play styles of Kahl-175, Veso, and Teshin to experience war with the Sentients from different perspectives. The full Cinematic Quest sends players on a journey across 3 massive acts, the latter two of which are being kept a secret until launch. This story will send players to new environments, including Open Worlds besieged by Sentients, unearthing answers to the players’ personal story of identity and conflict with the Lotus as well as unveiling the lasting impact the invasion will have on the Origin System.
Warframe’s cinematic story trailer created by Blur Studio (Netflix’s Love Death + Robots), revealed live to players on Devstream #158, showcased never-before-seen moments between Warframe’s iconic characters and the relationship between Tenno and the Lotus. As players glean more of what’s to come, new questions will arise: is Lotus friend or foe? Can Ballas be stopped, and why has the Shadow Stalker returned?
New Playable Characters in Act I
The Origin System is in need of new warriors to band together to fight back against the invading Sentient threat. Players will experience the first part of The New War from different perspectives and take control of iconic enemies including Kahl-175 the Grineer, Veso the Corpus Tech, and the Dax: Teshin, as they fight across the Origin System to push back the invading Sentient force. While the war rages on, so will the fight for the truth behind the conflict – understanding the Lotus’ past to unlock a new future.
Act II and Act III will unfold for players as they work their way through The New War and will deliver epic plot twists and even more gut-punching action.
New Warframe – Caliban
Erra’s twisted masterpiece, a true hybrid of Warframe and Sentient. Raised from the wreckage of the Old War to carve a swathe through the New. Caliban is Warframe’s 48th unique playable Warframe and will be added to the game on all platforms on December 15th, 2021 when The New War launches. A Sentient-Warframe hybrid, Caliban has a passive Ability to resist damage types as he continues to take hits (for himself and his squadmates). Caliban was first revealed during TennoCon 2021’s Art of Warframe digital panel.
- Passive Ability: Adaptive Armor – Allies within Affinity range gain increased resistance to the types of damage they are currently taking.
- Razor Gyre – Become a spinning vortex of death. Hold Fire to accelerate the maelstrom, increasing damage, then target an enemy to dash toward them. Hitting enemies inflicted with Sentient Wrath creates a destructive blast.
- Sentient Wrath – Smash the ground sending out a wave of destruction. Those not killed by the initial blast are helplessly lifted into the air where they continue to suffer damage for a short time.
- Lethal Progeny – Call on Caliban’s Sentient aspect to produce up to three Conculyst comrades to fight by his side, and repair shields when not in combat.
- Fusion Strike – Converge three streams of raw energy upon a single point, causing a massive reactive blast. The fallout from the blast will strip the armor from all enemies that touch it.
Harrow Prime Access
Harrow Prime Access will launch on December 15 alongside The New War and for a limited time, players can instantly unlock or earn Harrow Prime and his signature Weapons and Accessories. Always prepared to sacrifice, this monastic Warframe uses the Void to bolster allies’ defenses and amplify their lethality.
- Scourge Prime – Smite the unrighteous with Harrow Prime’s signature speargun
- Knell Prime – Ring a funeral toll upon enemy skulls with Harrow Prime’s signature pistol
- Prime Accessories
- Nave Prime Syandana: Invest Harrow Prime with this golden Syandana of holy office
- Templar Prime Suit: The dress uniform worn with pride by Harrow’s faithful legions