Expansive Worlds’ immersive hunting game gets expanded with a new alpine reserve and the Granite Update, which includes a framerate boost of up to 60 FPS on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S, Cosmetics, and performance improvements
The New England Mountains are calling! Expansive Worlds is excited to invite Hunters to explore the peaks of the New England Mountains, a new alpine reserve, and the latest DLC for theHunter: Call of the Wild.
Coming soon to PC via Steam, Epic Games Store, and Microsoft Store as well as on Playstation and Xbox for 7.99€/$, the New England Mountains reserve gives Hunters the chance to explore and relax in stunning surroundings, hunt for three Great Ones, including the all-new Moose, and customize their weapons with unique New England Mountains-styled cosmetics.
Covering roughly a quarter of the state of New Hampshire, as well as portions of Western Maine, the White Mountains in the northern Appalachians served as the inspiration for the New England Mountains reserve. This vast new region gives Hunters a wonderful new area to explore, and it is teeming with wildlife to stalk and natural beauty to take in. So grab your gear and explore the majesty that is the New England Mountains!
- Hunt in stunning surroundings: The New England Mountains reserve features varied landscapes shaped by the passing of time, from open alpine regions to coniferous and mixed woodlands interspersed with lakes and rivers. When you are tired from stalking deer through the spruce or hunting waterfowl along the bends of the river, there is no shortage of perfect opportunities to sit back and take in the picturesque environment around you.
- Wildlife, Great Ones and refined classics: On the uplands and through the trees of the New England Mountains, Hunters have a wealth of wildlife to hunt – from the humble Ring-necked Pheasant to the sneaky Coyote and the majestic Moose. Speaking of the Moose, this gentle giant is now present as one of the extremely rare Great Ones alongside the equally giant Black Bear and the graceful Whitetail Deer. Not only do the Moose and Whitetail Deer have the Great One status in common – along with the stunning Red Fox, but they are also among the three beautifully refined animals, that now look better than ever.
- New weapon, unique cosmetics: Have it your way! Visit the Weapons Cache at any Outpost, and you will find a new weapon waiting for you. The Patriot is a powerful, modern 0.50 cal break-action muzzleloader made locally in New Hampshire. It is perfect for hunting large prey, but aim carefully – with great power comes… slow reload speed.You will also receive two welcome gifts waiting for you: free paint and a free camo. In addition, the store offers some unique New England Mountains-inspired cosmetic packs to customize your weapons: Paints, sprays, materials, camos, and a unique wrap – whatever your flavor, we’ve got just the thing to make you feel right at home in the New England Mountains.
- Free Granite Update – 60FPS + more wildlife: Alongside the New England Mountains reserve, we are excited to offer a series of free updates dubbed the Granite Update for theHunter: Call of the Wild:
- The PS5 and Xbox Series X/S versions will receive a framerate boost of up to 60 FPS for a smoother hunting experience.
- Extra animal species across nearly every reserve, giving Hunters plenty of reason to revisit their old favorite spots in search of new prey.
- Already own a previously released reserve? Want to give your weapons a unique flavor? Well, you’re in luck, because we are giving all Hunters two free, themed cosmetics for each reserve, which they already own – one paint and one camo. This includes the two reserves in the base game.
- This update also includes a range of performance improvements and minor additions to make your gameplay more enjoyable – an updated Harvest screen with preview, the ability to place/remove waypoints when using binoculars, as well as improved stability on consoles and various minor tweaks across the game on all platforms.