Today, NBA 2K announced new updates, improvements, and features coming to MyTEAM in NBA 2K23.
This year, MyTEAM will see updates to Unlimited and Clutch Time, as well as a slew of new features including position lock, Eras gameplay, and Triple Threat Online: Co-Op. 2K is also removing contracts completely from the mode.
2K is also bringing back both of the annual $250,000 MyTEAM Unlimited Tournaments for players to compete in each console generation.
Experience all-new ways to play with the addition of Triple Threat Online: Co-Op and Clutch Time Single Player, and enjoy more freedom with the removal of contracts in MyTEAM.
2K today revealed an extensive look at the new features and updates coming to MyTEAM in NBA 2K23, including all-new cards and rewards, the introduction of Triple Threat Online: Co-Op, and eliminating the need for contracts. Additionally, the annual $250,000 MyTEAM Unlimited Tournament returns for players to compete in, with one track on Playstation 4/Xbox One consoles and another track on Playstation 5/Xbox Series X|S consoles.
Top highlights of this year’s NBA 2K23 MyTEAM updates include:
- Triple Threat Online: Co-Op: For the first time ever in MyTEAM, this brand new game mode will allow players to partner with friends for Co-Op 3v3 online gameplay across different variations. Party Mode, Co-Op, and Competitive Online.
- Unlimited: The all-new Prestige Tiers allow players that reach the top tier to start over and unlock even more rewards. Players will earn Season Points, with every win or loss, that help them to advance tiers. Every win will provide a vault opening. Leaderboards are back and will show stats from friends and top players throughout the MyTEAM community. As an added bonus, a special icon will be displayed next to the names of players in the Top 10. Players can also earn a special icon for completing all possible tiers and prestige for the Season.
- Exhibitions: In Exhibitions, players can now send player cards outside of their 13-player lineup on vacation around the globe and players will return with a special reward from their mission.
- Trophy Case: This is a new way to earn top-tier players from each franchise by completing a team’s Trophy Case. With 15 Event Cards for each NBA franchise, showcasing key moments of their history, players can earn a Pink Diamond player for each team.
- MyTEAM Unlimited Tournament: $250,000 MyTEAM Unlimited Tournaments return this year for each console generation. Reach the Emerald Tier in the new Unlimited before the first GameDay on October 15 to participate. The finalists will be brought to an in-person setting to crown the $50,000 Console Champions, and the $200,000 Grand Champions.