New Resistance Class Character, Blaster, Available With Latest Update.
MapleStory M, the free-to-play mobile MMORPG for iOS and Android, has just released its latest game update which brings improvements to the Evolution dungeon and balancing refinements to Chaos Expedition, plus a brand new character class, Blaster, to the roster of playable heroes.
A member of the Resistance, Blaster is a stout warrior and one of the freedom fighters who stand in opposition to the Black Wings, a group devoted to reviving the tyrannical Black Mage.
Blaster relies on their Strength stat and two unique heavy weapons to deal explosive damage – the main Arm Cannon and the secondary Charges weapon. By firing massive shots with the Arm Cannon, Blaster fills up their Dynamo Gauge, which can be fired to cause massive damage once the gauge is full. Blaster can also use skills in combination to perform even more devastating attacks!
In addition to the new playable character class, there are numerous events to assist Maplers in leveling up their characters:
- On-Time Event (9/21 – 9/28) – Mobile Maplers can receive limited-time pets and an auto-battle charge ticket just for logging in
- Mega Burning Event (9/21 – 10/18) – Newly created characters can earn an additional two levels every time the character levels up! Only one character per world (between levels 3 -120) can register as a Burning character.
- Growth Mission Event (9/21 – 10/18) – Rewards available for Blaster upon the level and mission completion.
- Grow with Blaster Event (9/21 – 10/26) – Gain EXP and rewards for a selected character when Blaster levels up!
- Checky’s Extreme Part-Time Job! Event (10/12 – 10/26) – Collect ingredients from hunting monsters in the field and playing mini-games to earn rewards, such as auto-battle charge tickets and exalt stone.
The September 21st game update also brings a requested improvement to the Arcane Catalyst: Maplers can now transfer their Arcane Symbol from one character to another on the same account, a significant benefit for players wishing to raise additional characters. There’s never been a better time to jump back into MapleWorld in MapleStory M!