Today, Amazon Games released New World’s May update, which introduces major content changes including small-scale 3v3 PvP arenas, PvP reward track with two new currencies, new Expedition Mutators, quality of life updates, and more.
- New 3v3 PvP arenas will enable teams of three to battle it out in a “Best-of-5” contest for glory and riches, including a few unique housing items.
- The updated rewards track will introduce PvP XP and Azoth Salt currencies, which players can earn through PvP-related activities.
- The Depths is now included in the weekly Expedition Mutator rotation for a new challenge in Aeternum and end-game rewards. Three new mutation types – overgrown, barbaric, and fiendish – have also been added to the pool.
- Continue the story of the Varangian Knights and their conquest of power. Players will encounter four new Varangian enemies in this episode: the Crusher, Spearman, Hound, and Mage.
- Players’ selected pronoun will now be reflected in chat! For instance, when using an emote, the preferred pronoun will be considered and displayed.