Posted by TripWire Interactive
Tripwire Interactive Reveals Release Date for Latest Entry in the Highly Successful Killing Floor Franchise
Roswell, GA – August 12, 2016 – Tripwire Interactive today announced that its highly successful co-op sci-fi horror FPS game, KILLING FLOOR 2, will be officially launching globally onNovember 18, 2016 for the PC platform and the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system.
The digital PC base version of KILLING FLOOR 2 will be available to purchase for $29.99 (US), ₤19.99 (UK) and €26.99 (EU) via Steam® and other digital outlets as well as the PC Digital Deluxe version for $39.99 (US) /£29.99 (UK) /€39.99 (EU). In collaboration with Deep Silver and Iceberg Interactive, the deluxe content of KILLING FLOOR 2 will be included in the PC and PlayStation®4 retail and digital versions for $39.99 (US) /£29.99 (UK) /€39.99 (EU).
In KILLING FLOOR 2, players descend into continental Europe where the outbreak caused by Horzine Biotech’s failed experiment has quickly spread and gained unstoppable momentum, essentially paralyzing the European Union— Just one month after the events in the original KILLING FLOOR, the specimen clones are everywhere and civilization is in disarray; communications have failed, governments have collapsed, and military forces have been systematically eradicated. The people of Europe know survival and self-preservation too well and lucky survivors have gone into hiding.
Not all have given up hope though… A group of civilians and mercenaries have banded together to combat the outbreak and established privately funded operation bases across Europe. Upon tracking specimen clone outbreaks, players will descend into zed-laden hot zones and exterminate them.
- Visceral Gore – KILLING FLOOR 2 ramps up the gore with a proprietary, high powered persistent blood system bringing new levels of fidelity to the genre. Players will send entrails, severed limbs, and blood flying as they wade through hordes of enemies. But they need to watch out! If caught, enemies will rip them, and their entire party limb from limb
- 6 player co-op or solo play— A multitude of varied playable characters await for players to choose from as they enter the fray in online co-op mode or solo mode for those willing to brave the horrific specimens alone
- 12 Player PvP Versus Survival Game Mode – Be the Zed! A 12 player PvP mode where two teams take turns playing Humans vs. Zeds in a pair of short matches. In the first match, one team plays Humans and the other Zeds until the humans all die during a single round or they beat the boss. For the second match the teams switch sides and when the battle is completed both teams receive a score based on their performance and the higher score wins!
- Terrifying Zeds – New enemies and fan favorites from the original game are back with expanded and smarter artificial intelligence, dishing out powerful attacks, working as a group to weaken the player’s party and pushing the challenge level and fear factor to new levels
- Unique Blend Of Weaponry – From modern militaristic assault rifles, brutal improvised makeshift weapons, classic historical guns, and off the wall “Mad Scientist” weapons, KILLING FLOOR 2 has a unique blend of killing tools that will satisfy any gamer
- Expanded Perk System – Perks from the original game have been reimagined with more added to the fold. All perks now progress with meaningful talent choices that amplify different play styles, giving players a progression path that is expansive and full of rewarding milestones
- Brutal Melee Combat – KILLING FLOOR 2 reinvents melee combat completely. Players now have control over the type of melee attacks they can perform, enabling them to deliver bone-breaking crippling attacks to Zeds
KILLING FLOOR 2 is developed by Tripwire Interactive and will be published for retail by Iceberg Interactive for the PC platform and Deep Silver for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system. The game will be available globally on November 18, 2016 for the PC platform and for the PlayStation®4 platform.
This title has not yet been rated by the ESRB but Tripwire Interactive anticipates a rating of “M” for Mature.
Stay up-to-date with the latest KILLING FLOOR 2 news and information at www.killingfloor2.com. You can also keep track of Tripwire Interactive at any of these online channels:www.tripwireinteractive.com, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/tripwireinteractive, Twitter at https://twitter.com/TripwireInt and on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/user/tripwireinteractive.