ublisher Iceberg Interactive and developer Little Green Men Games have released a brand-new update today for their epic space simulation PC title Starpoint Gemini Warlords. Many community requested features have been implemented in this aptly named ‘Planetary Assault’ update and players can now board and capture ships, take over space stations and attack and take over 15 planets. This update and its massive improvements is the last update before the game moves into Beta stage.
Starpoint Gemini Warlords will launch out of Early Access in Q2-2017 and is available for $24.99 via Steam. As a special celebration of today’s ‘Planetary Assault’ update, starting on Monday, March 20, 2017 at 10AM PDT, Starpoint Gemini Warlords will be on sale for 25% off as a Steam Weeklong deal.
Available now in the ‘Planetary Assault’ update are the following new features:
- Planetary Assault – Players can now attack and take over 15 planets (not counting Phaeneros), all waiting for you to rule with an iron fist. There’s also a new battleship class to construct, and a whole new Tech group to research and develop. This update lays the groundwork for even more sophisticated updates, currently in the pipeline
- Taking over stations – If you can conquer planets, why wouldn’t you do the same with stations? Well, now you can! No more unconquerable territory in Gemini. It is all up for grabs!
- Boarding and Capturing Ships – Nothing is off limits as players can now board and capture other ships to keep for themselves, sell off, scuttle for materials, reverse engineer or even pass the ship to aiding war fleets. Related research techs and perks accompany this update.
- Updated Context Menu – For those who have been asking, the long awaited paused game while on context feature is gone (unless you like it, in which case, you can toggle it on…).
- Various Bug Fixes – Little Green Men Games has been hard at work, making vast improvements to the game before its full release later this year.