French independent developer Tactical Adventures announced today they have re-released the free demo for their upcoming Tactical RPG Solasta: Crown of the Magister which had a successful Kickstarter campaign last summer. The demo is available for all to play on Steam during the Steam Game Festival – Spring Edition now through Monday, March 23.
Players are invited to get a taste of the upcoming Tabletop inspired Tactical RPG. Last September, Wizards of the Coast granted Tactical Adventures a license to use the Dungeons & Dragons SRD 5.1 content and rules in Solasta: Crown of the Magister.
Solasta is a team-based adventure game where each character plays a critical role in the campaign and can be a hero. The dynamic and mysterious world features elements of verticality, allowing players to use their surroundings as an element of strategy. Players can position ranged characters on high vantage points or send their thief down into shafts and caverns to scope out what’s ahead. In Solasta, light is a tool to explore the depths and hollows of dungeons or can be used as a weapon against the creatures of the dark, but if players aren’t careful, it will give away the party’s position to nasty creatures bent on their demise.
Solasta: Crown of the Magister Features:
- Verticality: Solasta is a three-dimensional world, rather than a series of flat maps. Locations can be explored by climbing walls, flying, teleporting, crawling through tunnels, finding secret passages, or falling through unstable ground, allowing the player to use the environment to take on encounters in multiple different ways.
- Team Based Adventure: Players will have many options to choose races, classes, backgrounds, and can even roll for stats as they create their party. All members are essential – together you will adventure through Solasta as a group, where you must work together in pursuit of your quest.
- Tactical CRPG: Each encounter can be handled in multiple ways. Will you use the high ground to strike your enemies from above as a Darkweaver Rogue, or shove your enemies into deep chasms as a Mountaineer Fighter? Your choices alone will determine the destiny of your party.
- Light: Light will not only help to see your surroundings as you explore deep underground or in a dungeon. It can also be used as a weapon against the light-fearing creatures you will encounter along your journey. Careful, though – light can also give away your position.
- Created by Tabletop Players: Tactical Adventures is a team of highly experienced Tabletop players and veteran game developers who are passionate about the genre, striving to create the best Tactical RPG video game
The hour-long free demo for Solasta: Crown of the Magister is available to play on Steam from now until Monday, March 23 at 10:00am PDT.