In just nine months, CD Projekt RED’s next game Cyberpunk 2077 will be on store shelves — both digitally and physically. What’s been showcased to the public thus far has been extremely enticing, and (it goes without saying) this title is probably the game most players are looking forward to in 2020 … even when we know only so much about the game. However, that may have changed a bit in our favor. In Poland, CDPR decided to open its doors to the press and show off a new demo! Thanks to the official forum for Cyberpunk, a user translated everything the press in Poland talked about.
Let’s review the following:
- We can start a conversation with an NPC without leaving our bike or car. It works like a classic dynamic conversation.
- Some merchants will offer unique items and discounts only for a specified period of time or at specific times.
- You can buy various clothes like long jackets, sneakers, t-shirts, and etc.
- Examples of programs that can be purchased: one to disable cybernetic eyes or another to block a cybernetic member.
- As you advance your hacking skills, the options will expand from simple door opening to controlling cameras or turrets and more.
- Mini-games related to hacking will be different depending on the installation you hack.
- Bots can also hack at a distance.
- Increases are performed only from a specialist but minor changes will be possible by ourselves, such as improving our mantis blade by adding poison.
- You can increase your skills by finding a trainer or by installing certain implants.
- The scarcity of objects corresponds to its availability rate in stores. The rarer an object is, the more street cred will it take for a seller to offer it to us.
- Street cred will also increase the quality of buyable components for crafting.
- They have changed the way damage is shown compared to the 2018 demo and tried several methods to indicate the damage taken by an opponent without flooding the screen with numbers (the numbers are still there but in smaller quantities, adding special animations).
- The inventory will be limited according to the weight that can be transported.
- When V uses a glass bottle to shatter upon the skull of an opponent, this results in a bloody visual effect and the shards of the bottle are still usable for impaling the body of an opponent.
- Example of an interactive discussion between V and Placide in the demo: during a conversation, a henchman enters the room with a message. If V looks at this character, new dialog options appear to interact with him that (according to the devs) will have an impact on the conversation with Placide, if used.
- When Placide forces V to connect to the network to be monitored during his mission, an interruption is possible if we have Street Kid … because only a child of the street knows the way gangs work.
- More details about the boss fight with Sasquatch: the fight takes place in a small room with interactive objects. The boss can use these items to prevent us from reaching his back. It is possible to avoid the fight.
- Each attribute and skill goes up to level 10. There are 60 perks too (five per skill) and each perk has five levels of progression.
- You can combine skills with doping products, like the slow motion effect during a hacking to have more time. This was used during a fight against the Animals in order to have time to hack.
- In the demo, V is level 18 with a street cred level 12. Brigitte is level 45 and was the highest level NPC met in the demo.
- If you take a driver out of his car to rob him and there’s a gang or police around, a violent response will be felt.
- When you want to pause the main quest, there will be a lot of side quests available. On top of that, there will be many events happening across the city and how to interfere with it can lead to a quest. In addition to that, Night City brings together many activities. Unlike The Witcher 3, there won’t be a classic quest table to tell us what to do when doing it. However, optical improvements will make it possible to simulate through the augmented reality, like the highlighting of certain points in the environment.
- Braindance is an important part of simulating someone’s memories.
- Everyone won’t be increased in the same way. The richest will have increases that only they can have. Others will not want improvement by religious conviction. The idea is not to create a homogeneous but very different population.
- Cyberpsychose is present in the game. Our character can not reach it but through quests or scripted events, we can see the damage to the improvements on the psyche.
- Religions are still very present in Night City. Our vision of Cyberpunk is not to describe an alternative world but a continuity of our world. Some things will look like our current reality. For example, Christianity is present in the game and will even have a faction.
- “The journalist says that the presence of religion is likely to create a scandal” … which CDP responded with, “We will not avoid any subject, even if they may offend the sensitivity of some. We are not here to say whether it is good or bad.”
- With Cyberpunk, CDP has also exacerbated community membership as a way for people to protect themselves from danger and poverty.
- The type of your character will be at your convenience. You will not necessarily choose strictly a man or a woman. One can have a male body with feminine attributes, a feminine voice, and feminine hair. The type of voice will impact how NPCs will perceive us.
So, this is a lot of information to take in. After reviewing the outline, it’s telling me that Cyberpunk 2077 is a very ambitious title. I’m excited to play the game even more, and April 16th, 2020 can’t get here soon enough!
Stay tuned for more news right here at GamingLyfe.