Indie publishers Modus Games and Games Operators, along with developer Jutsu Games, today announced Rustler, the hilariously unhinged medieval ‘grand theft horse’ experience, will arrive on Steam Early Access on February 18, 2021. The team released a live action trailer along with the announcement, which is viewable here:
In Rustler, you’ll play as anti-hero Guy, a brigand determined to win The Great Tournament for its grand prize of the princess’ hand in marriage. Saddle up and prepare to complete quests to win The Great Tournament, terrorize townspeople, shoot cows into the sky, and cause absolute mayhem as a medieval thug!
- Grand Theft Horse: Wreak havoc in a medieval world inspired by classic GTA gameplay.
- Wear the Crown: As a poor civilian, you’ll need to get creative in order to win the Great Tournament. Form weird alliances, double cross your foes, and dig up dinosaur skeletons (because, why not?).
- A Medieval Sandbox: How you progress is up to you. Spend your time completing quests, wreaking havoc and having a laugh at the expense of others!
- A Lot of Horsin’ Around: Shoot cows into the sky, drag your neighbors through the mud, toss some holy hand grenades, or draw fancy pictures in the field with a plow.
- Minstrelsy of Power: Hire a musical companion to play the tunes you like and add a powerful soundtrack to your adventures.