HUNDRED RHYTHMS DROP INTO VERSION 1.3 UPDATE FOR PUBG MOBILE 3RD ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION
Music themed gameplay, new firearm, vehicle, Metro Royale update, and more arrive in the world’s most popular mobile game
To celebrate the upcoming PUBG MOBILE 3rd Anniversary on March 21, a fresh wave of updates arrives in the game, including music-themed gameplay, a new firearm, vehicle, a new Metro Royale chapter, and more festive celebration content is available today free.
The PUBG MOBILE Version 1.3 content update introduces an electronic music festival in-game as the celebration of the 3rd Anniversary. Starting from today, players can drop into the all-new music-themed game mode “Hundred Rhythms” in the beloved Erangel map. When players queue for the new variant, they will be prompted to choose one of three special armbands on Spawn Island, which boast unique in-game powers. The armbands each offer one core active ability boost and can upgrade with two passive boosts by collecting cassettes throughout the map.
The “Hundred Rhythms” armband skill descriptions are as follows:
- Guardian Armband
- Music Barrier (Active) – This skill activates a device that generates a semi-transparent barrier to reduce part of the damage from enemy fire
- Music Conversion (Passive) – This skill activates an interactive feature of the barrier generator. Players can use this feature to disable the barrier and recover the Energy of allies within range instead.
- Pop Metal (Passive) – Players and allies have decreased reload time within the barrier
- Recon Knight Armband
- Sonic Scan (Active) – Players with this ability can throw a scanning device, revealing the location of nearby enemies with marks
- Encore (Passive) – Knocking down marked enemies recovers player health
- Sound Burst (Passive) – Ammunition deals additional electric charge damage when dealt to marked enemies
- Survivor Armband
- Stealth (Active) – This ability allows players to activate a wearable Ghillie Suit for a short time, which conceals weapons and backpack on their backs
- Surveillance (Passive) – A UI tip will appear on-screen if there are any enemies nearby
- Breathing Easy (Passive) – Health is generated after a period of no damage being dealt to them.
As part of the music festival, there will be an electronic music square in Erangel, Spawn Island, and Cheer Park, with a DJ stage, a music arcade machine, and a techno launcher for players to enjoy. The special remixed version of PUBG MOBILE Originals music will be played on the stage. Players can also enjoy more DJ music being played randomly starting from March 15, as a special celebration of the anniversary. In addition, there will be a music player in the players’ Space that players can listen to different songs by getting the albums and can set as BGM for their Space.
PUBG MOBILE’s Version 1.3 updated features also include:
- Mosin-Nagant – The Mosin-Nagant will spawn on Erangel and Vikendi, replacing some of the Kar98K rifles. The Mosin-Nagant is a 7.62mm bolt-action sniper rifle that is as powerful as the Kar98K, but its bullets fly faster and have less damage drop-off. It can knock out an unarmored enemy with a single shot from a long distance.
- Motor Glider – Players can now traverse Erangel and Miramar from the skies in this two-seat arial vehicle that consists of a front seat for the pilot and a back seat where passengers can shoot from. To take off, the Motor Glider must gain enough speed, and then the pilot must press the ascend button to raise the nose. The Motor Glider uses fuel based upon its engine speed.
- Metro Royale Update – The new chapter “Uncover” will be available for Metro Royale mode with Metro Exodus monsters and the Tikhar Rifle removed. At the start of the new chapter, player rankings, honor levels, and inventory will be reset. New honor rewards released, including AG, permanent finishes, and other cool rewards. Extra elite enemies will suddenly appear on the battlegrounds, which can be defeated for great rewards. More AI and equipment balancing adjustments made.